Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22 cb7. Any out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercharged H22 cb7. Any out there?

I really want to go supercharged but can't find any info on it. I read countless post from other forums but nothing has given me any signs that it'll work. So far the only kit that I know of is Jackson racing. They only have a kit for obdII which my h22a is but I converted to obd I. The other thing is the mount kit for the supercharge, will it clear my hood on the cb7? What is really the difference between the obd I and obd II motors. All the intake manifolds are the same. They even use the same part numbers. Yet jackson racing don't make a kit for the 96 and older h's.

So why don't jackson make a kit for the 96 and older h22's? This crap puzzles me.

I've been down the turbo road already so I want to try something new. If my last option is turbo then I will have to go turbo.

because it doesn't fit in the other generations...(not meant to fit). Only meant to fit 97-01 ludes
    Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
    Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

are you talking frame wise or motor.

Comment

My brother and I have talked about this quite a bit, he said he was reading that an Eaton M90 supercharger will work, if you can find the intake manifold for it. He said that the M90 supercharger comes on the supercharged Thunderbirds. It'd definitely be something to look more into. I think a supercharged cb would be sweet, and different

Comment

Look in youtube.com

Dude has a h22 supercharged, dope!
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I think i am going to try it personally. Not too many supercharged 4 bangers around....

well time to go to work.

Comment

So i just read a little and i like the twin screw supercharger right now for the low end. That way in an H you get great power all around.

Now what should i do about the bottom end? I would want to go all out on the top end and get everything. But i'm not sure about the bottom end.

Would it handle the extra pressure without any serious modification at the higher compression? Or should i look into a rebuild? I would rather be able to go stock for now or at least with a similar compression so if i ever take it off ill still have a strong running H22.

What are some ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                are you talking frame wise or motor.
                I think it would have to be frame wise because there is no major difference at all from the ODBI and II. But you could always just customize it. Look at a lot of turbo CB's.... mostly DSM kits from what i hear.

It can be made to happen.

Comment

it has to do with the positioning of the brake master cylinder for the belt.
                  one of our members has done this with the h23a vtec.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Joo...eature=related

member: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/member.php?u=5682

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                    So i just read a little and i like the twin screw supercharger right now for the low end. That way in an H you get great power all around.

Now what should i do about the bottom end? I would want to go all out on the top end and get everything. But i'm not sure about the bottom end.

Would it handle the extra pressure without any serious modification at the higher compression? Or should i look into a rebuild? I would rather be able to go stock for now or at least with a similar compression so if i ever take it off ill still have a strong running H22.

What are some ideas?
                    I plan to run about 7 lbs on my stock block. But building a stronger block is probably the right way to do it if you had the money. Honda has awe some heads already so why people redo their heads is a ? to me. All you really need is the rods and lower pistons unless you want to make high boost. Then you'll want new sleeves. Over bore sleeves even better.

Originally posted by minoreparations View Post
                    it has to do with the positioning of the brake master cylinder for the belt.
                    one of our members has done this with the h23a vtec.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Joo...eature=related

member: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/member.php?u=5682
                    I watched some vids on youtube but none can really answer what I'm looking for. Been reading on so many different forums and every one giving the same answer.

Comment

Hearing the whine of that charger on that Youtube video, wow. I love it. Makes me wanna go drive fast, or something... but I don't have that whine, I fail!!

Comment

If I get the correct help, which I think I'm going to get from quickaccord93, I may attempt this supercharger thing instead of going turbo.

Comment

Working...
                        X