Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

A forged piston alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there are 2 practically identical builds, where the only 2 things different from each other are these pistons and rods then this option would be cheapest. Barely.

You could also use stock H22 rods. They're strong enough to support more revs than you'll probably do on an F22A and strong enough to support at least 400whp. You'll have to either get the new pistons pressed on(you'll need a competent shop for this, as it's semi difficult) or rebush the small rod end to accept a floating wrist pin.

Yes, it's more work but in the end it'll be a little cheaper still. You can find h22 rods for around $50(find some that have bad pistons, since you won't need them). To get the new pistons pressed on shouldn't cost over $80, and it should be around $100 to rebush.

Either of these options work for someone that is on a super tight budget and want to save wherever they can.
    Last edited by d112crzy; 08-27-2009, 06:28 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Where exactly can I find these forged evo 8 stroker pistons for around $430ish? I went searching on ebay but I could only find wiseco pistons for $499

Comment

Look harder
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WISEC...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Oh how I would love to read this thread right now but I don't have the time. I would like to facilitate a meeting between Jose and Scott. I think some very fruitful arguments would be had.

These kind of threads that bring up discussion and higher thinking are great.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            Yea I had already found them but thanks for the link anyway

Comment

so you need 10 turbos and your vtec isnt working ?

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                so you need 10 turbos and your vtec isnt working ?
                WTF does this have to do with anything?
                spin city

Comment

i ment to say "so your vtec isnt working and you need 20 cars? "

like turbo90accord sig. LOL. complete fail. ahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                    i ment to say "so your vtec isnt working and you need 20 cars? "

like turbo90accord sig. LOL. complete fail. ahaha.
                    yes your two posts are complete fails...
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                      yes your two posts are complete fails...
                      Your human genome is a complete fail.

Comment

10 days and that's the best you could come up with
                        ____

Comment

Are stock pistons a weak point in the avg turbo build

I thought ud be OK w/new rings.

Though it prob helps a lot for revving higher. Id want higher compression though

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

from what I've READ only...no pers. exp...the ring lands won't hold up over time...thus saith others
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              Are stock pistons a weak point in the avg turbo build

I thought ud be OK w/new rings.

Though it prob helps a lot for revving higher. Id want higher compression though

Yes, stock pistons are the weak link on stock applications. New rings won't do anything, besides give you more power when you rebuild. But it's the ringLANDS that are the weak point on the pistons. It's what the rings sit on.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                                Yes, stock pistons are the weak link on stock applications. New rings won't do anything, besides give you more power when you rebuild. But it's the ringLANDS that are the weak point on the pistons. It's what the rings sit on.
                                Ah ok

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X