Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Questions on choosing a turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on choosing a turbo.

Hey every, I have been building my plans for my next project. Going back to my roots the CB7! Anyway quick run down.

JDM F22B, with all the basics.
    -Pistons and rods you know the deal
    -Hondata s300 or similar

I have all that down and am good to go with that aspect. My questions are about cams and which turbo. There are so many turbos to pick from, I am used tot he high R's of the B-series so the F's powerbands are whats the throwing my turbo choices off. I am shooting to make 400Whp high boost and about 325 low boost. If anyone could throw out some turbo input that would be great, this car isnt going to be my daily. I am looking at the HX35, but would like some more options

Next question; Cams.
    I am looking at the crower turbo cams, anyone on here using these? Anyone wanna chime in. I loved the Skunk 2 Pro 2's in my all motor hatch but this a is a new ball game lol.

Thanks all, any input would be great!

Take it easy
    -Mark

P.S. I haven't posted on here since my last cb7 in 2004ish, feels good to be back.
    Buy From
    http://www.rld-fab.com

Great Manifolds,Down pipes,Ect.

Bisimoto.com for you cam choice....The guy is SICK!!!

As for turbo and other choices look at Mr. Phils Coupe for ideas. He has one of the highest hp street cars on the forum... wellcome back!!
    Last edited by StinkinLincoln; 02-17-2010, 11:34 PM.

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, I will look into everything you've mentioned! Any info on a t3 60-1?

I looked into Mr.Phil's couple, sweet ride but he is running a h22, so that doesn't help me much. They can rev a lot higher that f22b, I am trying to pick a turbo that can make great power with f22b and not fall on its face but I also don't want a powerband form 4800k to 6500K, that'd be silly !

Sorry for posting like a crazed person, just excited to get back in the game. Anyone on here using the bisi 2.4 cam yet? Sounds ballin'
      Last edited by evil_demon_01; 02-18-2010, 12:20 AM.
      Buy From

Comment

Even a Big 16G is able to reach the 400whp park (although on the upper end of its scale)
        If you want to go the DSM route, then a 20G would be a good option leaving more room for further HP.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I am looking to stay away from DSM's, I have driven a B18c1 with a 20g, was pretty fun tho.
          Buy From

Comment

For the price of a 16g I'd look into a T3 manifold and use a Forced Performance HTA3076. It moves some air and the spool is amazing on a 2.0. I'd like to see what it would do with a free flowing Honda head.
            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

wow those are pricey.
              Buy From

Comment

Working...
              X