Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22a sohc knock sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a sohc knock sensor

i was wondering if anyone had any info on what knock sensor i need to use for my f22a? and what wiring i would need to do for it? thanks

F22A engines does not use a knock sensor. AFAIK, none of the US 90-93 Accord ECUs have a knock circuit enabled.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Give us some context on what you're doing and why you feel like you need a knock sensor.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

thats why i asked which one i needed i know it didnt come with one...but i know the hseries did...im boosted and im going to be running high amounts of boost..and i wanna know if ill be getting knock at any degree so i can tune it right

Comment

I don't use a knock sensor on my h22 and im running almost 30psi. A good tuner will listen for knock when it's on the dyno, after it's tuned just monitor afr and you should be good. If you do get it going and it's useful let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
            thats why i asked which one i needed i know it didnt come with one...but i know the hseries did...im boosted and im going to be running high amounts of boost..and i wanna know if ill be getting knock at any degree so i can tune it right
            Feel free to post that sort of information in the original post.

As far as I know there are no stock Honda knock sensors that will correctly monitor knock on a boosted setup. Besides you really should have your ignition timing properly tuned on a dyno and not have to rely on a knock sensor.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

alright thanks guys...how would i know if im getting spark knock or not? the weird thing is. is when i turn the knock sensor option on hondata on it reads 4 degrees...any info on that one? i just want to make sure im not messing up my motor...also when im cruising my afr is at like 16.8 to 17....any one know how to adjust that..at wot its perfect...i know that question is in the wrong section but i didnt want to make another post and take up room...again thanks guys

Comment

Does the car like to cruise or idle that lean? If its running good like that you should be just fine, you could add some fuel if your worried about it. Your wot is perfect, as in? 11.5-12 or?

I'm not a fan of street tuning, if your making 500whp+ and doing 4th gear pulls trying to monitor things bad things can happen quick.

IMO the best tool to monitor knock is something similar to this-

http://www.phormula.co.uk/KnockAnalyserPro.aspx

Mounts under oil pan and my tuner uses one on every car he does. Probably best to use only on the dyno although i have seen someone use one at the track making test runs. He doesn't use this exact one but it's something similar*

Comment

Those monitors are a great tool, maybe not cost effective for the once in a while tuner though. I have to say, mounting it to the oil pan is a different way to read combustion chamber knock.

OP if you are looking for a good quality knock sensor for a boosted engine. Try finding a way to hook up a wideband knock sensor. It would do you much better than any stock Honda KS.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X