Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cylinder Support Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylinder Support Systems

http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com/

Originally posted by Jeff @ CNCWerx
    This simple, yet effective CSS process varies from the typical industry standard “blockguard” because it does not rely
    on the loose tolerance of the factory casting. We actually machine the water passage to a precise dimension to accept
    our support rings. This means there is 100% contact, along with equal support pressure around the cylinders and from
    the top of the support ring to the bottom of the support ring. Even the most finely filed/sanded blockguard can not compete
    with the precision of a 3axis cnc milling machine. The CSS support ring is designed for maximum support while maintain
    superior cooling characteristics.

Cooling: The support ring is made from 6061T6 aluminum so its heat transfer properties far exceed that of ductile iron allowing your
    engine to run at the proper temp.

NOTE: The cylinder support does take away from your coolant volume, so it is always recommended
    to use a higher capacity and/or higher efficiency radiator.

IMHO it seems like a lowbudget ERL Superdeck I, but that's just me, but maybe there is some truth here. Either way I'm in Florida so the costs of shipping that to NH I might as well just re-sleeve the block down here and be good for 600whp+.

Discuss....
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Seems legitimate. Their guaranteed power support level seems pretty reasonable also. I've never seen them until today so time and others' experience with them will tell the story, I guess.

The main disadvantage I would see in this method is the inability to drastically increase bore size that resleeving obviously offers. Still, this could be a low-cost alternative seeing as that's the installed price.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I assumed all block guards were put in like this.

So normally it just presses in the existing gap with no machining? How shitty.

This looks good. Bore 1mm over on stock F22Ax sleeves and have this installed, buy bisi's 9:1 comp. long rod and piston combo, and you're in good shape for a very powerful but cheap build
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm surprised you two are on board with this. Lol at Adam assuming all blockguards were done like this.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
          I'm surprised you two are on board with this. Lol at Adam assuming all blockguards were done like this.
          I just assumed no one was retarded enough to press in something with that crappy of a fit....apparently I was wrong.

Full blown, all-out builds with sleeved blocks, forged everything, all the bling, custom manifolds, etc. are awesome don't get me wrong. However, it's really all about bang for the buck in my eyes. If I can make 350whp compared to your 450whp, but I spent 1/4 or even 1/2 the money, then I win.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

They want $645 for this setup. I think that I'd rather spend the money on installing a set of ductile iron sleeves with a modular deck. At least for your money you also have the ability to go 90-89mm bore and 300-600+ whp...
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Not a bad alternative

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
              X