Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

front mount in da way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using an adapter plate like the civic guys do would set the turbo way too low.

just get some 3M window urethane sealer or other polyurethane sealer and fill your other 3 mounts with it.

Comment

pics!
      plz....

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

I too will ahve issues with too much motor roll..where can I get a mod for this? I saw the dyno vids for r33, and I am scared with all that movement..just doesn't look safe, or good. I wanna know all that there is to be able to save that front mount..where to get a replacement, and for me..pics help a lot..with arrows pointing thigs out..lol. I am a visual learner..lol

-A. Swift
        CB7 member number 137
        Black Doubt Crew member #2
        Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

well if your really down u can use a motorcycle tow strap and attach it tto the crossmember.

ill try to get pics of minze tomoro

Comment

any more pics yet....cause i need a extra mount (front mount bad), cause of my cam and all i get ol domestic shack...lol.
            also what year toyota did u get it from, i looked at one at the junk yard, forgot what model but it was around 88-90 and the mount were similar to ours
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

do the mounting holes on the block still need to be shaved down when you use the prelude crossmember and mount? and are there any risks or serious problems with shaving the block? i plan on using a dsm set up for a f22b and any info would be appreciated....thanks
              -jay

Comment

check classifieds for my dsm turbo kit for sale...... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
                tranny (no grinds)
                ECU
                DC header w/ heat wrap
                full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
                $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

hah thanks but i have most of the turbo stuff and the jdm f22b is sitting in the garage...i plan on dropping it in this spring... i just wanted more info about shaving the block and using different front mounts.
                  -jay

Comment

just thought i would throw that in there to anyone that needs alot of turbo stuff for the f22 block...... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
                    tranny (no grinds)
                    ECU
                    DC header w/ heat wrap
                    full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
                    $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by PriMal Cb7
                      do the mounting holes on the block still need to be shaved down when you use the prelude crossmember and mount? and are there any risks or serious problems with shaving the block? i plan on using a dsm set up for a f22b and any info would be appreciated....thanks
                      -jay
                      i shaved the living shit outta mine and raped it soon afterwards. Just do more shaving of the block than cutting into the block ya know. I probaly went as far as about 1/4-1/2 an inch deep into the block to get my turbo in but i've got a big t4 compressor housing. The dsm turbo's are alot smaller and the manifold positions the turbo slightly better so u won't have to mangle your block nearly as much as i did mine
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
                        using an adapter plate like the civic guys do would set the turbo way too low.

just get some 3M window urethane sealer or other polyurethane sealer and fill your other 3 mounts with it.
                        Whose done this and how well does it work? This actually sounds good, along with getting the prelude mount.
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                          Whose done this and how well does it work? This actually sounds good, along with getting the prelude mount.
                          i think Accord_r33 did it, except he used energy suspension inserts.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=accord_drocca

Comment

but his engine moves like crazy in his video
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                              i shaved the living shit outta mine and raped it soon afterwards. Just do more shaving of the block than cutting into the block ya know. I probaly went as far as about 1/4-1/2 an inch deep into the block to get my turbo in but i've got a big t4 compressor housing. The dsm turbo's are alot smaller and the manifold positions the turbo slightly better so u won't have to mangle your block nearly as much as i did mine

hahah sounds safe enough for me... and thanks for that info midnite. hopefully i can get started soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X