Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Budget Turbo 92 DX is officially underway! Here's my progress thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget Turbo 92 DX is officially underway! Here's my progress thread...

I know everyone seems to be making them, but hell, why not another one?

Basically, I'm looking to boost my 1992 DX coupe for as little money as possible. I want to do it right (the equivalent of Accord R33's kits, basically) but I want to do it cheaply. Not intentionally plugging my buddy Eric's business, but $1200 for a kit is a really good deal! I'm leaning heavily on some really cool people, as well as trading some parts I no longer need to keep my costs down. Shopping is half the fun for me, so I love it. I love working out good deals, and I'll value my setup even more when I think of how much work went into just getting it!

So, I'm looking for roughly 200whp. More would be great, but I can always upgrade later. I just want to get it done before I get discouraged!

I officially purchased the second part for my turbo project.

1 Starion intercooler. Slightly dented, but it was priced right, and readily availible from a seller that I've dealt with before and trust fully. Can't go wrong there!

______________I'm gonna update this section as I go______________

So, the parts I have are:
    Starion FMIC

At the moment, I have a few other parts coming to me, pending payment/trades. I must say, cb7tuner members are awesome So far everything I'm getting is from people here.

Oil return line
    Chipped ECU
    NEW DSM manifold

I still need a hell of a lot of stuff, but I'm working on it! Here's my list of needed parts:

14b turbo, or something similar
    Intercooler piping and connectors
    450cc DSM injectors
    Oil feed line
    o2 housing (pending confirmation, not a deal yet)
    BOV (there are 2 I'm considering... leaning towards aftermarket)
    Boost and AF gauges (I'm going budget, but I still don't wanna blow!)

Am I missing anything? Do you have something I need? Lemme know!

woo! good choice on the Starion intercooler istead of the FMIC. glad to see you got that.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

It kinda fell into my lap My WTB thread worked for something! The guy I got it from (no names just yet, not until it's in my hands) was someone I wouldn't have thought would have something like that to sell!

I'm hard on the search for a cheap turbo and injectors. My goal is $50 or less for a working 14b, and $30 or less for the 450cc injectors. We shall see what happens!

Comment

Yeah Deev! Glad to see you're starting the DX boost project. Anxious, huh?Really like the direction that you're taking, basically budget done rightly! If it's not too much trouble, it would be cool to take pics when you install all the parts like the charge/intake piping, exhaust, etc... Those pics of the installation process are the best! Great work so far, you're just another inspiration for me!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
          woo! good choice on the Starion intercooler istead of the FMIC. glad to see you got that.
          Ehhh, any intercooler mounted in the front of the car is a FMIC.

Congrats on going turbo...should have a fairly solid setup there. I've decided to put mine off until I can build the engine properly...the thought of breaking down in winter while away from home worries me...

Comment

The only thing I see you're missing is fuel managemen, safc would be good and depending on how much boost you're running I would suggest a higher flow fuel pump; 195lph would do fine. OEM cb7 fuel pump will do fine for lower boost applications. Brand new they can be found for around 70-80 bucks!

If you aren't going to run afc hack, then what kind of management are you planning on running? Chipped p03 with tubro program or.....
            No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Originally posted by VRDrvr
              The only thing I see you're missing is fuel managemen, safc would be good and depending on how much boost you're running I would suggest a higher flow fuel pump; 195lph would do fine. OEM cb7 fuel pump will do fine for lower boost applications. Brand new they can be found for around 70-80 bucks!

If you aren't going to run afc hack, then what kind of management are you planning on running? Chipped p03 with tubro program or.....

he's probably going to run a p06 with uberdata

Comment

Originally posted by repherence1
                he's probably going to run a p06 with uberdata
                Exactly

I have that coming to me already... well, I should, anyway.

I only plan to run 10psi tops... MAYBE 12, but I doubt I'll push it that high.

I hope I can take pics, but as of now I don't have a camera. I tried to buy one from a member here, but I never got it If I can afford a camera, or borrow one when I work, I'll definitely take pics! I'll need them not only to show off, but to show to those that know more than me and ask what the heck I do next!

Comment

dude we should have a contest as to who can construct their turbo for the cheapest! execpt i am going w/ a lil turbo (t3) but yeah. i plan on doing a DIY oil line, ecu chip, mbc and thats all i can think of right now

Comment

oh and i have a 92 dx too... are you upgrading the clutch flywheel? what about the exhaust?

Comment

better upgrade the clutch I fryed mine in 3 hours worth of driving

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                        better upgrade the clutch I fryed mine in 3 hours worth of driving
                        already took care. fizanda 7.5lb flywheel and exedy stage 1 clutch. took care of the first thing first...

Comment

what is the diffrence from a stage one and an oem exedy. I fryed a oem exedy with more then %50 life, in less then a day.

Comment

Well, the OEM Exedy is a direct replacement for the Honda OEM clutch...the Stage 1 has a better organic disc and stronger pressure plate...apparently they can hold up to 300hp...

Comment

I need a new clutch on both of my cars! The money I spent on the DX was supposed to go for a clutch, flywheel, and LSD for the LX

I'm not planning on doing the clutch just yet. I'll just be careful! As for the exhaust, I'm not sure. I want to remain as stock and quiet as possible, so I may just run the stock setup and deal with the lack of power... That, or I'll take the system off my LX and upgrade that to something better

And flacopower, you're one step ahead of me it seems... I went looking on DSM boards for parts, and I come across your name
                              Last edited by deevergote; 05-13-2005, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X