Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Wanted To Dsm Turbo a H22!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted To Dsm Turbo a H22!!

I have seen the install guide on the F22 with the 1st Generation Dsm turbo kit, but I was wondering if anyone has put a Dsm kit on a H22 Cb7? If it is the same procedure please let me know.
    In Europe Honda released the Honda Accord with a H22 motor, it was called the Honda Accord Type R .

Originally posted by Accord Type R
    I have seen the install guide on the F22 with the 1st Generation Dsm turbo kit, but I was wondering if anyone has put a Dsm kit on a H22 Cb7? If it is the same procedure please let me know.
    Unless I'm mistaken, you have two problems.... first, you have a h22(Taking a wild guess) and the stock sleeves are weak, so your'll need to resleeve it. Secondly, the exhaust ports are different, so you have to either make one or have one made. Other than these problems, boost just like you would a f22.
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

It has been done before using DSM parts. Its just that it doesn't make sense to do it. The boost cut of is somewhere in the 6k rpms. On an H22 that means you have about 2k unboosted. Go with a larger turbo, and rebuild that block.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info so far, please keep the info coming.
        In Europe Honda released the Honda Accord with a H22 motor, it was called the Honda Accord Type R .

Comment

http://lowrider.cardomain.com/ride/550704

I'm not sure if this guy is a member on here, but that car's been around for kind of a while. BUT, the ports on the H22a/H22aX are different from the ports of the F22aX and similar motors. So I'm not sure how "well" (there's no way it'd be as good as the DSM mani on F22a or w/e) the ports would line up, be prepared to port-match, but it'd prob. weaken the integrity of the manifold!!!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            It has been done before using DSM parts. Its just that it doesn't make sense to do it. The boost cut of is somewhere in the 6k rpms. On an H22 that means you have about 2k unboosted. Go with a larger turbo, and rebuild that block.
            im pretty sure u can take a dsm 16g turbo up to 7500rpm

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord
              im pretty sure u can take a dsm 16g turbo up to 7500rpm
              Originally posted by Granite CB7
              I'm not sure if this guy is a member on here, but that car's been around for kind of a while. BUT, the ports on the H22a/H22aX are different from the ports of the F22aX and similar motors. So I'm not sure how "well" (there's no way it'd be as good as the DSM mani on F22a or w/e) the ports would line up, be prepared to port-match, but it'd prob. weaken the integrity of the manifold!!!

Dan
              I got to look up the compressor map to double check the rpms on that gdout90accord. I always thought it was just under 7k. As for the port matching, just grap the H22 gasket to find out how well the ports match. they shoud be a decent fit.

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                Unless I'm mistaken, you have two problems.... first, you have a h22(Taking a wild guess) and the stock sleeves are weak, so your'll need to resleeve it. Secondly, the exhaust ports are different, so you have to either make one or have one made. Other than these problems, boost just like you would a f22.
                its not the sleeves that are weak its the ring lands, you just cant use forged pistons on FRM sleeves so you have to replace them when you blow your ring lands . . . FRM sleeves are actually STRONGER than iron at the same thickness . . . kind of a misconception there
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  its not the sleeves that are weak its the ring lands, you just cant use forged pistons on FRM sleeves so you have to replace them when you blow your ring lands . . . FRM sleeves are actually STRONGER than iron at the same thickness . . . kind of a misconception there
                  Guess so... lol

Comment

Thanks so Much

Thanks so much again guys, even though I may have so stengthen the motor a little bit, the help was more than enough, because my friend just updated his turbo on his dsm, so I almost have all of the parts. Any help on where to find the parts besides ebay, if anyone knows any dsm forums hook it up.

Comment

Update

A good website is homemadeturbo.com, it's free advice and worth a look. I was wondering if I could use a H22 turbo manifold and a 16g turbo, because I'm not sure as of yet how well the bolts match, because on the Dsm turbo cb7, it looks like the bottom bolts arn't even connected.

Comment

Well get a real manifold like revhard and then a real turbo then boost it with some real fuel management like hondata with a real tuner and i hope your not gonna cheap out and use the hack. IF so kiss your shit goodbye

Comment

the h22 isnt weak i used to own a lude and the lude guys get some crazy numbers outta stock block theres one guy 10 psi and 398 whp. Its always seemed like h22 are tempermental and it really depends on the motor they like boost or they dont

Comment

Originally posted by AsheCb7
                            the h22 isnt weak i used to own a lude and the lude guys get some crazy numbers outta stock block theres one guy 10 psi and 398 whp. Its always seemed like h22 are tempermental and it really depends on the motor they like boost or they dont
                            398whp out of the stock H22 block. As in no internal mods??? Post more info on the setup before i whipout the BS flag.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                              398whp out of the stock H22 block. As in no internal mods??? Post more info on the setup before i whipout the BS flag.
                              Whip it out, WHIP IT OUT!
                              \

Comment

Working...
                              X