Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

HKS SSQV Installed :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
    Or just make it recirculate...Then no problems there...I still think you may just have dog hearing sensitivity...or i may be going deaf...
    Thats what I said... Bypass valve. You add piping to recirculate it back to the turbo. If the sound is as loud as he is saying it is, he'll still be able to hear it with no problems and wont loss as much boost between shifts or from letting off the gas pedal.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
      Thats what I said... Bypass valve. You add piping to recirculate it back to the turbo. If the sound is as loud as he is saying it is, he'll still be able to hear it with no problems and wont loss as much boost between shifts or from letting off the gas pedal.
      However...calling it a bypass valve does not mean it recirculates. Plenty of merchants advertise BOV's as bypass valves. In its proper meaning...you are correct. However, people do not know what exactly that is so...i just say a recirculation kit...

Comment

However...calling it a bypass valve does not mean it recirculates. Plenty of merchants advertise BOV's as bypass valves. In its proper meaning...you are correct. However, people do not know what exactly that is so...i just say a recirculation kit...
        Man for once cant you just say I'm right. lol

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

screw recirculating. screw doesnt adjust sound it adjust how the pressure is realeases. when u twist it all the way in it only blows off when u let go off the gas really sudden and get downspool otherwise
          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
            screw recirculating. screw doesnt adjust sound it adjust how the pressure is realeases. when u twist it all the way in it only blows off when u let go off the gas really sudden and get downspool otherwise
            So in turn of controlling how the pressure is blown off the sound is controlled too. All the way loose it will blow off at any little let off of the pedal... Sounds loud as hell. All the way tight it won't blow off as easy in turn being quieter. This is just from my experiance... And recirculating will keep boost pressure up during shifts therefore allowing you the extra edge when racing a car that is built almost identical to yours. A tenth will go along ways in a street or drag race.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

So in turn of controlling how the pressure is blown off the sound is controlled too. All the way loose it will blow off at any little let off of the pedal... Sounds loud as hell. All the way tight it won't blow off as easy in turn being quieter. This is just from my experiance... And recirculating will keep boost pressure up during shifts therefore allowing you the extra edge when racing a car that is built almost identical to yours. A tenth will go along ways in a street or drag race.
              yes the sound is controlled but it is still loud ! its just a sharper sound.
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

yea i have one on my f22a dsm turbo its nice and loud i personally like it

Comment

Man for once cant you just say I'm right. lol
                  Never!!!! LOL, I did...Vette Z06 remember...

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                    You think thats loud Get the Blitz RFL my friend has one. (I think its blitz) That shit can be heard 5 blocks away. Well although it was in a turbo MK1 Supra. Hahaha.
                    RFL= real fucken loud

Comment

Never!!!! LOL, I did...Vette Z06 remember...
                      oh yeah...

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

I wonder how my external venting bov will sound...

Edit: Time for a new sig picture...
                        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Working...
                        X