Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Intercooler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intercooler question

i have a front mount and a side mount intercooler. Can i run both of these at the same time and if so is it good or bad.

just run a front mount a side mount is garbage. and no dont. I f you do you the hell with you and your setup

Comment

intercooler question

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      just run a front mount a side mount is garbage. and no dont. I f you do you the hell with you and your setup
      lol thanks for lettin me know i could've made a big mistake. Hmmm maybe i can get $10 or $15 out of the side mount LOL thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by hondapowered91
        lol thanks for lettin me know i could've made a big mistake. Hmmm maybe i can get $10 or $15 out of the side mount LOL thanks again
        Sounds cool...if you were running like a 60-1 or bigger... However pressure drop is inevitible...

Comment

intercooler question

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
          Sounds cool...if you were running like a 60-1 or bigger... However pressure drop is inevitible...
          naw i'm only runnin a stock dsm 14 g turbo it's a lil bitty thing LOL

Comment

intercooler question

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
            then just one IC will probably cost you 2 or 3 lbs of boost......

and sidemounts suck and are really not used for performance, more like "it's better than nothing and i have no other options"
            yeah i kinda figured that cuz the side mount is about the same size as the turbo, LOL. it's kind of a temp turbo for now. my buddy has a turbo off of an evo 8 it makes mine look like a cracker jack toy. LOL

Comment

running a side mount for a 14b is perfect..but if you want to use the FMIC thats fine too, you'll loose a little but it'll look cool...

like they said, running both is usless.

^sold

Comment

The side mount should be fine for that turbo... I dont know how this would compare to say a Supra but the stock supra side mount is superior to say an hks FMIC. Stock turbo usually dont need the bigger one and I'm guessing the one off the 4g is the same.
                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                registration is free

Comment

i think itd be kinda cool cuz itd be sleeper but ehhhh if the frount mount is more efficient y the hell not use that one?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

intercooler question

well then i guess i "MIGHT" have a side mount intercooler for sale LOL depends on the offers.

Comment

or use the side mount and blow it?
                      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

FMIC is te way to be
                        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

this is seriously one of those ideas that you need to do a lot of research on. It was one of the first ideas i had when looking into the intercooler thing. Ran across some sites and found out that one FMIC is better at cooling and doesn't cause a pressure drop that FMIC+SMIC would. You can't cool ambient air down more than its already cooled if its down to ambient. In closing...search more not necessarily here but something like howstuffworks.com would be great to start from
                          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                          X