Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

head warped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head warped?

well im not sure if my problem will be solved that i had with compression with the coolant but the only thing wrong with my car after that i found was that my head was warped.

i wonder if anybody else that is boosted has had this problem of the head warping or if im the first to encounter this problem with a stock f22 on 10psi?

heads usually only warp when u pull them off. You'd blow the headgasket far before you'd warp the head
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

haha i have never heard of a head warping...and ive heard of a lot of crazy shit..idk man! good luck with that

Check Out My Car

Comment

its already been takin care of but yah, i was getting a slight amount of compression in the coolant. but there is no cracks in the head, the block is fine, and the headgasket appeared to be fine to. i removed the head in the process that was told in the haynes manual. took it to a machine shop and they showed me that the head was slighily warped. it has now been fixed by being milled down by .006 and is now level again. i am putting a new headgasket as well. im hoping this will solve the problem seeing how other test i did showed that everything else was functioning correctly.

I think it might have warped actully seein how the car starts out lean and causes it possibly might cause it to get excessivly hot. im not sure as to how it would warp tho seeing how no one esle that i know thats boosted on here on 10psi or less hasn't had this problem. I guess im the first.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          heads usually only warp when u pull them off. You'd blow the headgasket far before you'd warp the head

the head gasket isn't blown tho but the head is warped. no unnatural sighns on the pistons and no unusual sparkplug signs. boost afr is 11.8 across the board running 10psi. pulled off in directed sequence.

Comment

Now thats something new...

Comment

^^ yah thats what i been thinking lol its been a giant mess with no good signs to diagnose it but seems this is the only problem.

trin to figure out wtf caused it to do it since every thing ran fine cept for it bein lean tell it warmed, engine temps. always stayed round half way. i sure don't want it to warp again so tryin to find out what might of caused it. or if anyone else has had this problem.

Comment

Heads can warp and blocks can come on people its common sense. Its made out of metal anything made out of metal will warp with heat. Don't worry I had a few head warps when I use to be rocking a civic hatch. Just get it re-surfaced. Shouldn't be expensive to do. 40 bucks per head when I went to get mine re-surfaced.
                Last edited by Chan_Man; 12-14-2005, 11:52 PM.
                "form follows function."
                Louis Sullivan

Comment

yah i paid 45bux to get it done its just i nvr heard of anyone havin problems with it on the f22's tho that are boosted, i guess im the first maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                    yah i paid 45bux to get it done its just i nvr heard of anyone havin problems with it on the f22's tho that are boosted, i guess im the first maybe.

True well your the first on CB7tuner take it as an honor.
                    "form follows function."
                    Louis Sullivan

Comment

We've Milled atleast 4

Down At the Shope SPC-Racing We've Milled atleast 4 boosted f22's in the past 4 yrs anyways , they arent common in maine anyways but for us to have had 4 thats alot , just making a point that it does happen and ive seen it before , your not alone man

later
                      -Sean- Noxidea
                      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

interesting...you may want to put copper spray on the new hg you put on.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by noxidea
                          Down At the Shope SPC-Racing We've Milled atleast 4 boosted f22's in the past 4 yrs anyways , they arent common in maine anyways but for us to have had 4 thats alot , just making a point that it does happen and ive seen it before , your not alone man

later
                          -Sean- Noxidea
                          I'm gonna take a wild guess your head bolts are over strechted....time for some h23 APR head bolts!
                          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

ummm...what was your car doing to show you it had a warped head...cause my temp gauge actually falls to cold when i boost.

Comment

the car didn't do anything abnormal until it got a little colder one nite and i got combustion in the coolant causing the spill to overfill. guessing the warp caused the pistons to blowby the headgasket somewhat making the compression go into one of the coolant ports on the head.

my engine temps drops very slightly when i boost but still remains near the middle of the temp gauge.

Comment

Working...
                              X