Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Wideband Installed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wideband Installed !

So last friday me and my friend took the time to install my new Zietronix wideband to get the car ready for master tunner. anyways those of you who saw my a/f's from dyno know they hit 13 at one point but after i got a fresh f22a in there the car drives a little different...still fast. i havent logged with wideband yet cuz my laptop has no small serial port thus i gotta go get an adapter but the wideband LCD is showing that my A/Fs are at 9.8 idle lol and between 10.2 and 11 on wide open throttle rapin. This is very weird because at teh dyno the sniffer "said" i was at 12. Two things arise:
    1. sniffer lied lol
    2. the engine swap had something to do with it....
    although ecu stayed the same, injectors stayed the same, sparkplugs and setup stayed the same.
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

pics pls.

Comment

shit i have a zeitronix, but i couldnt figure what wires to hook the rpm signal and shit like that up to, PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOU CONNECTED THE WIRES FROM YOUR HARNESS!
      My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

highC, just use the same wiring as a SAFC for the rpm etc. the pin layout is available on Apex-i's website

nice to hear you got her in

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

gracias

Comment

searched for my s-afc install

Red - Power Pin A25 Yellow w/ black stripe
            Blue - Engine RPM Pin A21 Yellow w/ green stripe
            Black - Ground Pin A26 Black w/ red stripe
            Gray - Throttle signal Pin D11 Red w/ black stripe
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

seeing as i have a vafc already installed, could the fact that i am trying to connect another rpm signal wire to it be confusing the fuck outta the computer? When i plug the WB rpm signal wire into the a21 the engine will sputter and die...

SORRY TO BE A THREAD WHORE!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                searched for my s-afc install

Red - Power Pin A25 Yellow w/ black stripe
                Blue - Engine RPM Pin A21 Yellow w/ green stripe
                Black - Ground Pin A26 Black w/ red stripe
                Gray - Throttle signal Pin D11 Red w/ black stripe
                ^ precisely what i went by when i did my install ! anyone have any ideas about my rich situation.
                h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

yea...lean it out

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Do it safely but make sure you keep a safe ratio so that you odnt run too lean for anything. I rather be a tad rich instead of a tad too lean.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                      yea...lean it out
                      i figured YOU would say that . well first of all i wanna log the a/f's vs the rpms and see the whole pciture together. i am not at all familiar with changing things with uberdata nor do i have the chipburner at this point. So I still want you to come up here and tune my car and teach me how to tune so i can do it up here for which you will be paid. The work that wasnt done by me was done by a shop here and the owner of the shop has been contemplating on opening up a perofmance store within his shop, he offered me to manage it. As of yesterday we are in process of becoming the only authorized APR full dealer in Philly and Jersey to chip/flash VW/Audi. So what I will do is have him pay for you to come up here and to train me and another manager in Uber/ Honda flashing and streettuning.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

hmmm...i'm a consultant now? lol If your going to go to that extent then PM me cause we need to talk about some more stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by high c
                          shit i have a zeitronix, but i couldnt figure what wires to hook the rpm signal and shit like that up to, PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOU CONNECTED THE WIRES FROM YOUR HARNESS!
                          Zeitronix wired to a p13

A6 or/wht HO2S heater coil = PURPLE ZT WIRE
                          A21 yel/grn1 ICM RPM SIGNAL = GREEN ZT WIRE
                          A22 yel/grn2 Shorted to A21
                          A23 blk1 GND = BLACK ZT WIRE POWER GROUND
                          A24 blk2 GND = BROWN ZT SENSOR GROUND
                          A25 yel/blk PGM-FI Main Relay (power) = RED ZT WIRE
                          A26 blk/red VTEC Pressure Switch (GND) (VAFC grounded here so not ZT)
                          D11 red/blk TP Sensor = GREY ZT WIRE
                          D14 wht HO2S Sense = PURPLE ZT WIRE

prodigymb - make sure your not reading that idle a/f until after the car is fully warmed up. Otherwise the computer's adding fuel. Also, are you using the stock o2 bung?

Comment

Working...
                          X