Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bye Bye Ringlands....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Ringlands....

Just got off the phone with my dad, and he told me my ringlands are definitely shot, no need for a compression test. So basically I'm gonna go home this weekend, throw a catch can on there, and ride the hell out of it till the engine blows. Then a new jdm f22b goes in, turbo kit is up for sell, and the rebuild begins . Turbo kit might be up for sale soon, all depends on when my motor says "F*CK YOU". So yeah, thats my depressing news. Later, I'm going to get drunk
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

i feel ya man. blew mine today too !
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
      Just got off the phone with my dad, and he told me my ringlands are definitely shot, no need for a compression test. So basically I'm gonna go home this weekend, throw a catch can on there, and ride the hell out of it till the engine blows. Then a new jdm f22b goes in, turbo kit is up for sell, and the rebuild begins . Turbo kit might be up for sale soon, all depends on when my motor says "F*CK YOU". So yeah, thats my depressing news. Later, I'm going to get drunk
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AMERICA F*&^ YEAH! not to worry dude its all apart of the show dont let it get you down man it happens youl bounce back . Just rebuild it what does not kill you makes you stronger words of encouragement Sparkle productions

Comment

Whats causing all these dead boosted motors?
        too much boost?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

pics mang!

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AMERICA F*&^ YEAH! not to worry dude its all apart of the show dont let it get you down man it happens youl bounce back . Just rebuild it what does not kill you makes you stronger words of encouragement Sparkle productions
            hehe thats the truth. im starting the build tommorow !!!!!
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
              hehe thats the truth. im starting the build tommorow !!!!!
              good shit

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
                too much boost?
                no not enough time for rigorous tuning and age the motors are old and beatin to death and where never really ment for this kind of punishment. The motors are ideal but sometimes also shit jus happens kinda like right now in his or anyone elses situation.

Comment

ON hondas 99%-/+ of blown motors is due to DETONATION, it is caused by so many things! The rest you can say are happily retired or mistreated due to lack of maintenance! But in these cases, detenation- Ownes 2 of my f22a1's and now Im rebuilt(stock fer now, soon to be forged bottom, and frankensteined top! HEHEHE) good luck guys!
                  STEP 1:Re-build
                  STEP 2:Rinse
                  STEP 3:Repeat
                  lol! At least our trannys are good, 92 talon owned

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                    ON hondas 99%-/+ of blown motors is due to DETONATION, it is caused by so many things! The rest you can say are happily retired or mistreated due to lack of maintenance! But in these cases, detenation- Ownes 2 of my f22a1's and now Im rebuilt(stock fer now, soon to be forged bottom, and frankensteined top! HEHEHE) good luck guys!
                    STEP 1:Re-build
                    STEP 2:Rinse
                    STEP 3:Repeat
                    lol! At least our trannys are good, 92 talon owned
                    haaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by RENR
                      pics mang!
                      engines not getting pulled yet, but apparently smoke is filling up the cabin so you have to drive with the windows down. Gonna replace the motor this summer
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

engines not getting pulled yet, but apparently smoke is filling up the cabin so you have to drive with the windows down. Gonna replace the motor this summer
                        shit bro no stop driving it immediatly. I repeat stop driving it immediatey bro. Pull the motor out and jsut leave it swap another stock on in there and just ride it out normally until you get the other one built. I got 2 spare motors int he back ready to go. If anyones wants them

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
                          too much boost?
                          Heat(detonation)...it get's too hot and fails.
                          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

I just got home today, this means I haven't seen my car in 2months. So I took a look at it, drove it, and I think the ringlands are fine. The smoke/gases my dad was complaining about is because I am not running a catch can, only a breather off the pcv. So the ventilation is going in the cabin. I'm gonna put a catch can on there so my dad quits complaining, but it all looks good so far. I'm gonna do a compression test to double check, but this is a big relief to me. Sorry for the false alarm.

And the reason motors are "dying", is because either the turbo is too small, causing too much heat in the engine and can't take it, improper tuning, or old age/too much boost.
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I just got home today, this means I haven't seen my car in 2months. So I took a look at it, drove it, and I think the ringlands are fine. The smoke/gases my dad was complaining about is because I am not running a catch can, only a breather off the pcv. So the ventilation is going in the cabin. I'm gonna put a catch can on there so my dad quits complaining, but it all looks good so far. I'm gonna do a compression test to double check, but this is a big relief to me. Sorry for the false alarm.

And the reason motors are "dying", is because either the turbo is too small, causing too much heat in the engine and can't take it, improper tuning, or old age/too much boost.
                              i expect a compression test immediately.
                              oh and with the breather....put a long hose on it and run it to the ground. but hook up your pcv system to your turbo intake pipe.
                              I hate thieves!

Comment

Working...
                              X