Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible

Ive i take a f22b dohc, put pistons and rodsa and rebuild the motor, then do springs and retainers.good turbo setup and tuned on neptune, can i throwdown 400 hp +

i always hear about ringlands breaking, how do i prevent that? (a little confused on the ringlands).

Thanks
    Buy From
    http://www.rld-fab.com

Great Manifolds,Down pipes,Ect.

search but anything is possilbe if u have the dough. the f22b is a great motor for boost. big torque maker like its cousin, the h23

Comment

Forged pistons do not have the famed ringland problem. You didn't justify 400whp. What turbo trim, size etc? What injectors size? Now we are talking. A good turbo setup is anything from a 9b to a T100. You got some questions it sounds. Luckily those questions have been answered in this forum already. I know clicking the "new thread" button is easier, but you won't learn much. Do some research, you will thank yourself for it.

Comment

i dont know what size injectors yet, im thinking a t3/to3 57 or 60 trim.

But my main question is where can i order pistons and rods, thats basically all i want to know, and about that ringlands but that was answered.

so yeah, where can i order the rods and pistons, i need to do that tonight or tomarow.

thanks. i know someone that tell me all the specs i need were just having trouble finding a place to order them

thanks
        Buy From

Comment

Originally posted by streetspeed607
          so yeah, where can i order the rods and pistons, i need to do that tonight or tomarow.

thanks. i know someone that tell me all the specs i need were just having trouble finding a place to order them

thanks
          I ordered mine for dh-racing.com last night. i ordered 85mm 9.5:1 CR forged pistons, rings to complement them. h-beam rods, wrist pins !
          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Buy From

Comment

did u get the rods and wrist pins from them also? i didnt see them for f or h motors
              Buy From

Comment

Originally posted by streetspeed607
                i dont know what size injectors yet, im thinking a t3/to3 57 or 60 trim.

But my main question is where can i order pistons and rods, thats basically all i want to know, and about that ringlands but that was answered.

thanks
                ahhh, you plan on the exact same setup I am doing. f22b with t3/t04e 57 trim. getting dh-racing bottom end basically. going for 400whp at 18-20psi.
                I'll probably run 750cc injectors with the fuel pressure turned up a bit.
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

sounds about right lol, so you think the t3/t04e 57 trim is a good one to run?
                  Buy From

Comment

I plan on doing headwork/cams/valves 9:1 compression pistons and such to hit the goal, but it is very possible on that turbo, with several pounds of boost..
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                      9:1 compression
                      pussy.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                        I plan on doing headwork/cams/valves 9:1 compression pistons and such to hit the goal, but it is very possible on that turbo, with several pounds of boost..
                        Save yourself time and go high compression with boost, you wouldnt have to run as high of boost which means you wouldnt be working your turbo as hard and would have cooler air coming out of the turbo in the first place, which means even more torque. Your turbo would spool up quicker, and have less overall "lag".

Comment

eh, not really. 1 point in compression isn't gona do much when going from 9 to 10, maybe 11, but thats just crazy, unless you have mad tuning skillz.

but im sure rob still wants a streetable car, and want to be able to run with the cheapest octane available, lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by MonopolyMan
                            Save yourself time and go high compression with boost, you wouldnt have to run as high of boost which means you wouldnt be working your turbo as hard and would have cooler air coming out of the turbo in the first place, which means even more torque. Your turbo would spool up quicker, and have less overall "lag".
                            Higher compression and boost introduce a whole world of detonation that not just anyone can tackle. Not to mention, you will need some deep wallets for that higher octane. My Z had 10.4 CR and running anything upwards of 11psi meant goodbye to pump gas. It was a regular C16 drinker. Wikked and I had an intelligent convo about this. The theory we deduced was higher CRs meant less room physical room for boost. This also meant eventually something must give when the envelope was pushed. The threshold...well not sure where that is exactly.

Comment

true, this car will be a DD, so pump gas is a must. The lower compression will allow me to run what, 12+ psi on 93 octane? That is safely, without detonating. Track 18psi, on race gas or c16, whatever. The turbo isn't gonna have a huge lag, but it will be a big change from the 14b.
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X