Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Custom Turbo Header - How long do you think it will last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was acctully thinkin about makin a mani with my friend cuz he knows how to weld. i really want somtin sumtwat equal length that goes down then up so the turbo sits on top of it. those ones look sick

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
      i was acctully thinkin about makin a mani with my friend cuz he knows how to weld. i really want somtin sumtwat equal length that goes down then up so the turbo sits on top of it. those ones look sick
      I think the turbo has to sit so the flange faces up...although I have seen sidewinder setups. But I imagine the bearings being set up so that gravity and all that stuff is accounted for only when the turbo is faced "the regular way".

Again, would it be so bad to use the stock header and have the turbo under the IM???

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

you must mean exhaust manifold, not intake manifold. The turbine needs to be fairly close to the engine so that is gets as much hot, expanding gasses as possible. There's too much length of exhaust way back under the intake so your turbo won't spool as quick or as much as it should. I've heard of people putting turbo's at or near the muffler and it wa not much gain at all. Good for a few PSI of boost at the top but total lag down low. Keep it close to the motor.

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          I think the turbo has to sit so the flange faces up...although I have seen sidewinder setups. But I imagine the bearings being set up so that gravity and all that stuff is accounted for only when the turbo is faced "the regular way".

Again, would it be so bad to use the stock header and have the turbo under the IM???

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Ahhh ok @ ACCLUDE91 and Mike...points taken.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
              I love it!

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

once the primariers go from 4-2 weld on a decent radius U pipe on both of them
                the ends of the U pipe cut as if u were making a collector (See the collector diy on hmt for help)
                get urself a flange off of hmt for w.e turbo u plan on using.. and cock the turbo sideways whichever way will give u more room... check out chronicboost's turbo setup thats kinda what i mean.. if u have the inlet facing towards the radiator u can push it alot closer.. than if u had it straight.. as for support.. just weld an H brace.. to go from the bottom of the "now" turbo header to the block.. there a shitload of threaded holes that u can use..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                  I love it!
                  haha i know thats y i have it on my comp it looks so sick with the huge ass snail facin up and then has that 3" dp comin out
                  Last edited by Mike; 03-31-2006, 08:24 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                  X