Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

trannys for boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fast93accord
    I use the H23 trans with my F22 motor. I absolutely love it. Gears are close together. If i shift at 7000rpm rpms fall between 5000-5500 in the next gear. I love it... However cruisin on the highway at like 70mph i'm at like 3500rpm... and i use larger then stock tire size... I can hit about 120mph in 4th gear at about 7200rpm.
    ya thats why i dont want the f22 tranny cuz of the rpm drop when it shifts i want it to stay 5000 and up
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
      its a rare case that anyone manages to beat me at that speed. 140 is enough for me plys i like crusing at lower rpms on the highway. everything i said was factual, and it is up to him to make a decision from the info he gets. all you are sayin 92ex is that h23 trans has "best gearing" ....

....what is best gearing?
      ....best gearing for what, drag, auto-x, top speed?
      Best gearing for street. And what you said doesn't really mean anything, so your in 4th gear instead of 3rd, so you can't go 155mph, darn
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I've heard that h23 trannies tend to have more problems than an f22 (read it somewhere, forgot where). I don't know when your turbo will fart out on, but it might not get boost after like 6000 RPM. You need to think about the turbo's capabilities as well before deciding on what tranny so you can make the proper decision. Just my opinion.
        Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

I ran the h23 tranny for about a week on my turbo setup, then switched to an f22a6 tranny (forgot the tranny code) and haven't looked back since. I do a good bit of freeway driving and like the longer gearing, and my turbo is fully spooled at 3000rpm's so if it drops to 4800-5000 on a shift, o well.
          I still have my h23 tranny though, and am looking at building it with a quafe LSD and better synchro's while riding on my f22 tranny.
          Once my motor is rebuilt the rev range will be slightly expanded so the h23 tranny will act the same as the f22 (Atleast as far as rev drop is concerned) and when I get serious with it, taller slicks will also be in order, which will also counteract the shorter gearing. L8r all
          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
          01-01-2019

Comment

Yea that pretty much mirrors what i said, i get full boost at 2800 and i dont care if revs drop to 4500 between shifts because that would land me right at the peak of my torque.
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by f22a4bandit
              I've heard that h23 trannies tend to have more problems than an f22 (read it somewhere, forgot where). I don't know when your turbo will fart out on, but it might not get boost after like 6000 RPM. You need to think about the turbo's capabilities as well before deciding on what tranny so you can make the proper decision. Just my opinion.
              i've actually heard the oppsoite. The h23 case is a little bigger to accomidate the larger diameter gearing inside... the h23 trans is definatly beefier then the f22...
              i dont get full boost till 5000rpm so this trans works great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                i've actually heard the oppsoite. The h23 case is a little bigger to accomidate the larger diameter gearing inside... the h23 trans is definatly beefier then the f22...
                i dont get full boost till 5000rpm so this trans works great for me.
                oops, thats my writing above...
                12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                F22a1
                60-1 td06h turbo
                Darton mid sleeves
                85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                Crower pro billet rods
                Custom ported head.
                KMS valves
                F23 headgasket
                ARP H23 headstuds