Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Compressor Wheel Touching Housing = Slow Spool??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compressor Wheel Touching Housing = Slow Spool??

Hey guys,

Looks like the wheel blades have been grinding into the upper portion of the compressor housing. To my touch, there is a bunch of shaft play up, down, left, & right. It has minimal amount of in & out play.

In the picture at the top, you can see the blades have been grinding into the housing leaving a mark. I think the turbo has been lazy lately, not spooling up as quickly but weather is hot.

DO you think the off balance shaft could cause a little slower spooling? Although, it has been really hot & 80% + humidity when running the car lately.

I also found a pretty big slit in the coupler from turbo to the intercooler & replaced that but there was no difference. I also swapped out to another wastegate I have & no change as well. Turbo is 6 years plus old.

Click image for larger version

Name:	turbski.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	4982792
    Keep Pushing..

Yaaa, you know the answer here. Shaft play. Bearings do wear out. And nothing you can do now but give it to a shop to have it rebuilt and made pretty again

Comment

Lol thanks. Seen the markings just not as bad a while ago but it wasn't as bad as now.
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

I second what Raf said. Time for a rebuild
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
        X