Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

3bar map, and p06..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3bar map, and p06..

anyone had any luck with this combination? when i click the 3bar option in uberdata and upload the map, it sets the cel (code 74, wtf is that?) and throws the ecu into some kind on default mode, where no matter how much i change the values in the rom, it runs super super rich... i know the 3 bar is wired correctly, and the rom im using runs 100% with the oem map sensor. the guy at the dyno where we tuned my car couldnt figure it out eather, and hes done a bunch on 3bar honda tunes.... any ideas?

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX
    anyone had any luck with this combination? when i click the 3bar option in uberdata and upload the map, it sets the cel (code 74, wtf is that?) and throws the ecu into some kind on default mode, where no matter how much i change the values in the rom, it runs super super rich... i know the 3 bar is wired correctly, and the rom im using runs 100% with the oem map sensor. the guy at the dyno where we tuned my car couldnt figure it out eather, and hes done a bunch on 3bar honda tunes.... any ideas?
    well even though i dont tune and probably wont until i get my evo mr soon. Ive been on the 3-bar map from hondata and i never had that problem even though i was runnin on the p28. I dont remember the tuner from DRT touching anything on it except for activating that option. I think its best that you get in contact wiht MRX before you mess with shit even more dont make it worse . Just be patent the power will commeth lol. Basically that 3bar map no longer has the values that the original stock map sensor values keeps it down at instead its pushing more since the stock map sensor is in place of it.

Comment

its deff in the programming, not the hardware. with the 3bar plugged in, the car will run, just not real well(stock map sensor rom). when that option is checked tho, thats when it fucks everything up. mabey the p06 doesnt like the 3bar option in uber or crome, ive tryed both, same results....i do like having realtime editing tho, cause when it messes it up, i upload the good map again and its all good, heh

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Your best bet is to contact him maybe you need to set a few options differently. I mean if its set for the stock map and its already programmed in there and you put the option of the 3-bar on and they both start acting crazy. Maybe the 3 bar is messin with the stock map and then relazys the shit to the ecu and causes the shit to go haywire. Just leave it until MRx can find the program or reformat the program and compare.

Comment

and the code that is set when the cel comes on is code 74, which doesnt exist. heh

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

anyone else have any ideas? MRX?

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX
              anyone else have any ideas? MRX?
              did you pm him atleast

Comment

Here's my guess, I did a bit of Googling this morning...

74- Cylinder 4 Misfire or a Random Misfire
                a condition is present that is creating a cylinder misfire

I think this is an OBD2 ecu code though.....('96 and on ) Not sure, I'm not turboed but firgured maybe this woule help.
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i've never had the chance to figure it out because nobody's ever gotten back to me on it. Which version of uber are u using? Also have you tried selecting things like the 2.5 bar map sensor? And are your vacuum values correct and consistant on the table after you click those options? I had to completely rework acclipseh23's map when i switched it to the 3 bar because the vac values went bonkers.
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
                    i've never had the chance to figure it out because nobody's ever gotten back to me on it. Which version of uber are u using? Also have you tried selecting things like the 2.5 bar map sensor? And are your vacuum values correct and consistant on the table after you click those options? I had to completely rework acclipseh23's map when i switched it to the 3 bar because the vac values went bonkers.
                    yo MRx i was thinkin since NYC has no real tuners to tune cars why not put me on to ubredata or chrome. That why i can tune for people in NY and NJ cb7 members only. have certain people outta state help tune their cars that way noone has to pay out the ass for a tune if your not local and or busy.

Comment

ive tryed uber 1.6, 1.7, and crome. no noticeable changes on the map when the option is clicked, and it does not matter how much you change the values, it runs exactly the same. i never thought to try the 2.5 bar option. ill try that, and see what happens. i wasnt sure if there was some compatability issue with the p06 and this option in uber, since most ppl that run a 3 bar that i have talked to have a p28....also, my datalogging port wont work eather, im using the nokia cable, so i wasnt sure if the two issues are related.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

H22sparkle: Learning to tune comes with experience, you have to know and understand everything i've ever written or posted on tuning. And then after that you'd have to go to pgmfi.org to learn the rest of it. I can't just tutor someone so much so that they become a tuner. Theres simply too much to learn

Lowcord:
                        its probably the nokia cable thats your problem.
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

well when i first installed my 3 bar with my uber, i checked the 3 bar option in uber and the vac values went all fucked up. Like i would have -24.5, -22.5, -19.5, 31.5 31.5 and so on, just in some random cells tho...it was kinda weird, mike is your vac values fucked up at all?
                          justin
                          My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

ok mrx is a newb!!!
                            3 bar map will work with 2.5 bar map option in uber. you can then change the maps to what you want. ex= 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, etc. if you go higher than 16, you're the proud owner of a cracked block and a $500.00 car. haha jk.
                            back to me reading between the lines. email me or antoine your crome map so we can look at it as ours die immediately. crome is much more customizable. help us help you.
                            antoine i'll forward it to you if he emails it and vise versa.
                            I hate thieves!

Comment

problem solved, the brand new 3 bar i bought from GM was DEFECTIVE
                              i dont know how much time and energy i wasted trying to fix this.
                              thats what i get for puting a fucking GM part on my car

and my nokia datalog cable works perfect now. wiring diagram on pgmfi was wrong.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Working...
                              X