Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ummmm... i'm surprised i never heard of this before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ummmm... i'm surprised i never heard of this before...

So i had heard of the variable vane technology to elimitate turbo lag with the diesels originaly, but an electronic turbo? This article was in Super Street in Aug. 2005, so apparently these have been around for a few years as well... i'm surprised i never came across this before, i guess because like the variable vanes, its really just been tied up with deisels till recently... very interesting either way, and sorry if this had been covered previously, i did try to search for anythin related to it... but heres the small picture and little caption...

http://www.superstreetonline.com/tec.../photo_15.html

Interesting I know the new 997 turbo runs the variable vane turbo technology. SHits crazy. And that car is mad fast too.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ya ive read about those turbos, they are sweet shit, def a very good technological advancement~
      justin
      My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

those have been a round for a while, elctiricity keeps the turbo spooled up to reduce lag. i posted about them before and people thought i was talking about the "turbo any car for 69.99$" things lol
        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Interesting. I know that Garrett is making turbos now that have very little lag (GT series). The Mitsu Evos apparently have an anti-lag system in them which would replicate the electronic turbo I believe (correct if wrong please!).
          Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

lol this has nothing to do with turbo spin by elictricity to reduce lag i think is more like vanes move something like the butterflys in the a6/h23 mani to reduce spool time meaning less lag, welcome to jump and correct me any 1.

edit i take that away, i didnt see link i though u guys were talking about the 997 turbo system derived from deisel engines, this is som new shit lol i need to take a look at it
            Last edited by amd3dnow3; 09-22-2006, 10:25 PM.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
            Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

I saw an electric turbo made by KKK (no not klu klux klan) on e-bay a few years back. I posted a topic about it on here but at that time I was new to the board and didn't know how to host pictures etc. I was very curious about how they work too. It sorta appeared when those fake E-charger boom hit e-bay and "smart" sellers cashed in on the not-knowing.
              I need a custom turbo manifold built....
              707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
              "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

its not realy an antilag system, its more of a a way to have quick spool up down low, with high boost up high. usually antilag systems consist of injecting raw feul into the exhaust mani, the very high heat causes it to combust therefore spnning the turbo. This is what is used in WRC exclusivly, but turbo life is only a matter of 1XX miles.
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                X