Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Idle Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Problem

Recently my idle has been very very low and my car has actually stalled out a few times when coming to a stop.

My only guess could be my turbo..the oil seals are blown and it has a ton of shaft play...it smokes like a biatch and has gotten increasingly worse lately. But im replacing it with a 16g this weekend.
    1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Just wait and see after you swap on the new turbo to see if that's the problem. It more than likely is since it seems to be in rough shape.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

adjust your idle up a little bit higher?

Comment

I tried the screw on the IM, do i turn clockwise or counter?

Also there is an alan screw under the throttle rotor..should i adjust it there..

Im gonna seafoam it friday before the turbo since im changing the oil anyways

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

it sounds like you dont have enough air at idle, i think turning the idle screw to the left opens it up and lets it breather a little more. it worked for me, and didnt end up being the turbo... try that first?
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

Turned out just to be the tune its self...

I got the new 16g in friday and had it tuned professionally..it runs a pulls stronger than ever...f22 FTW!. The idle is perfect! 850-950rpms.

Only problem i have now is traction. But that should hopefully go away friday when i get my new tires on.

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

Working...
            X