Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo ???

i've got $1200 dollars to put in a turbo setup it's going on a f22a6 and i'd like to make about 300hp what kind of setup should i get
    93 SE sedan aka Green Lantern sold 3/14/05
    93 10th Anni. sedan sold 10/16/06
    92 Toyota Std Cab 4x4 sold 11/10/07
    92 H23 Coupe 100 shot
    94 LX Wagon
    00 Odyssey LX
    92 LX Wagon
    87 Toyota Ext Cab 4x4
    H/FSAE (H/F Series Accord Enthusiasts)"A dying breed..."#19

Dsm

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

More money.
      wat

Comment

more money and more searching
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
          more money and more searching
          x2 definitely

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

save your cash till you have about double that to put into a set up that will realistically get you 300Hp and safely at that
            My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

"better get your paper, paper, paper, paper, paper, paper..."
              - bone thugs 'n' harmony

But yeah, 300 hp is going to require more funds than that. You're going to need forged pistons AT LEAST to run @ 300 hp for more than one or two revolutions. And forged pistons/rings plus the gaskets you'll need to replace just to get to those pistons will eat up half of your budget.

Either set yourself up for a lower hp mark or collect some more paper paper paper.

EDIT: Welp, as 92ex pointed out, this post contains misinformation (underlined). Sorry guys.
              Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 11-22-2006, 08:06 PM.

Comment

what setups are yall running i mean turbo size which turbo would get me close 250 r 270 like straightedge
                92 H23 Coupe 100 shot
                94 LX Wagon
                00 Odyssey LX
                92 LX Wagon
                87 Toyota Ext Cab 4x4

Comment

Go to the Member's Ride section, use the "Search this forum" tool, look up straightedge, and you'll get a nice list of what he's running.
                  straightedge

That link's a start; the member's ride section + the search button will provide you with many possibilities. Hope that helped.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                    You're going to need forged pistons AT LEAST to run @ 300 hp for more than one or two revolutions.
                    Now don't begin to misinform him. This statement is false. I plan on making the 300whp mark WITHOUT touching the bottomend. RELIABLY. Hell look at lowdolla and bjaccord. also turbo90accord. All making ~300whp reliably on stock bottom ends. All have WAY more then 1200 invested in their setups though.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Now don't begin to misinform him. This statement is false. I plan on making the 300whp mark WITHOUT touching the bottomend. RELIABLY. Hell look at lowdolla and bjaccord. also turbo90accord. All making ~300whp reliably on stock bottom ends. All have WAY more then 1200 invested in their setups though.
                      I pumped out 347whp on a fully stock F22b with the help of cams.

Comment

lol .... my turbo and wastegate cost more then 1200.

Comment

Whoa, OK I was waay off. Sorry for this misinformation, hopefully no one was steered wrong by my post.

Comment

Originally posted by porc933
                            Dsm
                            what year dsm mani ?
                            straightedge More money.
                            i c
                            92ex more money and more searching
                            x2 searching
                            prNonVtec4u x2
                            x3
                            high c save your cash till you have about double that to put into a set up that will realistically get you 300Hp and safely at that
                            true i'm talking junkyard setup but tune
                            TheNextEpisode Go to the Member's Ride section, use the "Search this forum" tool, look up straightedge, and you'll get a nice list of what he's running.
                            thanks for the info on the link.
                            92ex Now don't begin to misinform him. This statement is false. I plan on making the 300whp mark WITHOUT touching the bottomend. RELIABLY. Hell look at lowdolla and bjaccord. also turbo90accord. All making ~300whp reliably on stock bottom ends. All have WAY more then 1200 invested in their setups though.
                            what kind of setup are you going with sm/m/l size turbo and Comp wheel dia Ind,Exd,Trim,A/R and Turbine size.
                            KillerCam282 I pumped out 347whp on a fully stock F22b with the help of cams.
                            what year f22b? thnkz everybody for info
                            Last edited by 93 CB7 SE; 11-23-2006, 02:09 AM.
                            92 H23 Coupe 100 shot
                            94 LX Wagon
                            00 Odyssey LX
                            92 LX Wagon
                            87 Toyota Ext Cab 4x4

Comment

I noticed you have a SE... invest in a manual swap to see any thing close to 300whp. Just a thought...

Comment

Working...
                              X