Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

3" downpipe setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3" downpipe setup

I'm thinkng of how i'm gonna run my down pipe it looks like i have to remove my front mount, cut my crossmember and remove center beam?

anybody alse running 3" dp?i can make a custom from mount and i can deal with the cut crossmember but the center beam worries me...
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

If you have enough bends you won't need to cut/remove anything. Did you position the turbo yet?

Comment

no i dont even have the turbo yet...i'll jsut have to wait till i get the motor together and mock up the dp setup on it while its on the stand...this is gonna be the hardest part of the hole thing especially sience i have no welder

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=66636

Comment

backfire32 has one. Its 3" and he got a muffler shop to do it lol. Its pretty huge and it scraped lol and his car isnt even that low.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

traction bars.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I had my 3" down pipe on my car with the motor mount and center beam 100% intact, and only a small notch in the crossmember, the pipe didn't actually need the room, but just for hard shifts and to prevent any accidental rubbing.

L8r
              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
              01-01-2019

Comment

I'm using a 3" inch downpipe with a fabricated front motor mount which you can see in the picture below. You may wish to check with Accord_SIR, I believe he is using a front motor mount from the 5th gen Accord which worked out perfect. You will need to verify this though.

600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

I got 3"s all the way through. Its not horribly difficult to fit in. However, your car can't still low otherwise you risk destroying your downpipe. Remember with a custom DP to get a flexpipe welded in. The whole custom exhaust cost me about 350 in parts and 400 in labor. However thats from the turbo back, using SS pipes.

Comment

I don't suggest taking the front cross beam out. Your lower control arms connect to the front cross beams via torsion rods. You can run a traction bar. You can trim part of the front beam, like Kamaccords or mines, or C notch the front beam and have metal plates welded into the area that was notched out of the front beam which my friend had to do for da6 teg. You should have enough space just with trimming some of the front beam out.
                    Carlos
                    My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord
                      I'm using a 3" inch downpipe with a fabricated front motor mount which you can see in the picture below.]
                      hey! who fabricated that for you? anyway that they make more? thanx

Comment

i think its time to use my fabricating skills

i'm gonna try to build my own custom dp with the help of my buddie's welder while the motor is on the stand.i can even use my f22b to dio the mock up when its out of the car

notching the xmember doesnt bother me much but i wanna keep everything else intact.

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                          i think its time to use my fabricating skills

i'm gonna try to build my own custom dp with the help of my buddie's welder while the motor is on the stand.i can even use my f22b to dio the mock up when its out of the car

notching the xmember doesnt bother me much but i wanna keep everything else intact.

ILBB
                          Seriously, wait until you have everything in the car. Unless you can accurately map out the everything needs to be. No need to haste on something like that. Wait until the turbo motor is in the car first. You don't take your measurements for a tux at Store A and pick it up in Store B, you know?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                              hey! who fabricated that for you? anyway that they make more? thanx
                              The guy that fabricated closed his shop and relocated. I'm not sure where he currently is.
                              600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X