Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

so i finished my turbo and.... LEAKS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i finished my turbo and.... LEAKS!!!!

yeah so i turned the car on and white smoke came out then i start seeing oil all over the dam floor and on the turbo... my guess is its a bad turbo : (... if anybody has a 14b out there let me know
    Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Do you have an oil restrictor in your turbo inlet line? Did you bother to rebuild the turbo when you got it or at least check for excessive shaft play and such?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
      yeah so i turned the car on and white smoke came out then i start seeing oil all over the dam floor and on the turbo... my guess is its a bad turbo : (... if anybody has a 14b out there let me know
      How much oil was on the floor? Did you check your oilpan to see if it was tapped properly or if it's leaking around oilpan gasket?

Where was the smoke coming from? the turbo itself or coming out of the exhaust? I think black smoke = too rich and white/gray blueish smoke can be too lean or some other problem. Was the white smoke coming from the turbo? It could be the oil burning from bad oil seals if it's indeed really bad.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
      1994 Prelude V-Tec
      1999 CL 3.0
      2000 Prelude
      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

check where the pan is tapped. also check EVERY seal on it. hopefully its something simple like that. (i know, theres nothing "simple" about a turbo, but easier to replace a seal then lots of other stuff, right???)
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Do you have an oil restrictor in your turbo inlet line? Did you bother to rebuild the turbo when you got it or at least check for excessive shaft play and such?
          i didnt put in a restrictor... oh and i did check it for shaft play and it was good... its alot of oil coming out, not from the pan but the turbo itselft... oh does oil travel through the vband?? because it seems to be cooming out through the compressor

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

You have a bad turbo. Probably a seal. I had the same problem and oil went into the compressor and sprayed oil everywhere. This maybe obvious, but dont drive the car unless the problem is fixed.

Comment

I don't think a rebuild will completely cure that. I know that turbos leak into the compressor, but your turbo is leaking outside pretty profusely if its able to form a puddle. Since its DSM, I would check the oil fittings to make sure they are in there really tight. If you are certain that the housing itself is leaking, you are looking at a complete rebuild, which may backplates if applicable.

If you are sure its leaking from the turbo itself, I would just get another one. That turbo must be in pretty bad shape and it will require more than seals.

Comment

damn bad turbos.

I just finished my rebuild, and i'm 70% sure my turbo is gonna need a rebuild.

when i spun a bearing i think metal got in the turbo bearing...shaft play must have increased and now it whines quite loudly while running (like the wheel is draging in the housing or something. i can't boost it yet as it's still being broken in, but this is what i think is the problem (even with the wastegate disconnected it still spins it enough to make the noise).

mark

Comment

man that sucks i hope my turbo dont end up like that. but well see imma install my turbo on 3-17-07
                  contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Originally posted by f20aaccordturbo
                    man that sucks i hope my turbo dont end up like that. but well see imma install my turbo on 3-17-07
                    yeah well i hope everything goes good for u bro cus right now im going through hell

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Get a new turbo and sell that one off. You didnt add an oil restrictor you should have you probably blew the new seals in there before they where even seated. Pray that its not your ringlands.

Comment

Ehh...I don't think it would be his ringlands. You can't hit boost in idle (unless you have a freaky motor, or a T25 on a V8 Diesel...). But, I would do as sparkle suggested...sell it off and get a new one.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

yeah ima get a new one... that or a shop around here called a1 turbo says that they will rebuild my turbo for 250 and give me waranty and everything, what do u guys think rubild with waranty or just get a new one

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
                            yeah ima get a new one... that or a shop around here called a1 turbo says that they will rebuild my turbo for 250 and give me waranty and everything, what do u guys think rubild with waranty or just get a new one
                            get a new one with a warrantee. Upgrade get a bigevo3 MHI 16g and you should be set straight. and if you dont have a stealthmode oil line kit i suggest you get one. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

where can i get an oil restrictor

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Working...
                              X