Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Stock H23 reachable hp goals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock H23 reachable hp goals?

Hey guys i have a H23 that has been turbo'd over a year now with a small t3 i have never dyno'd it but i would expect it somewhere around 200hp but i could be wrong. anyways i was wondering for some of you more seasoned turbo ppl what is a reachable hp goal with a stock h23? i would really like to see 250whp on my next turbo is that possible or am i shooting to high?

Thanks
    V-

250 is reasonable, i beleve oneoffaccord made 248 on his h23 @ 10 psi

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

my friend here inhawaii has his h23 motor stock with a small turbo push 240 whp @8psi we bumped it up to 11 psi once and it felt way faster so not to sure bout that one

I-SR 6

Comment

Sweet i guess thats good news for me once I get my ecu situation all set and tuned!!!

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

Comment

I put down 280 @ 9.5 psi, with 260 tq. This was at 180k miles on the motor, and a fairly safe tune.

L8r
          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
          01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
            I put down 280 @ 9.5 psi, with 260 tq. This was at 180k miles on the motor, and a fairly safe tune.

L8r
            who did your tuning???and what setup im going h23 75k on it 185cc all accross the board (each cylinder) with a big 16g turbo ported exhaust side tublar exhaust housing with spit wastegate that dump back into the downpipe 3in down pipe and 3in mandrel bent stainless piping which goes into an apexi ws2 canister with a vibrant resinator 550cc venom injectors 255 intake pump and aem fuel rail with aem adj fuel pressure regulator crower stage 1 na cams megan racing cam gears megan racing underdrive pulley

putting it on this weekend/week

Last edited by xtremecb7; 04-28-2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

yea Rayne 250 is not unreachable.

Thats hella reachable...just keep doing what youve been doing!!!

With the right setup and a good tune youll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremecb7
                who did your tuning???and what setup im going h23 75k on it 185cc all accross the board (each cylinder) with a big 16g turbo ported exhaust side tublar exhaust housing with spit wastegate that dump back into the downpipe 3in down pipe and 3in mandrel bent stainless piping which goes into an apexi ws2 canister with a vibrant resinator 550cc venom injectors 255 intake pump and aem fuel rail with aem adj fuel pressure regulator crower stage 1 na cams megan racing cam gears megan racing underdrive pulley

putting it on this weekend/week

I was tuned by Mainstreem Performance in Powder Springs, GA.

I was on a stock block h23 with delta 260's, log mani and t3/t04e, 3" exhaust, 550cc etc etc, basic turbo stuff.

L8r
                Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                01-01-2019

Comment

H23's on boost are capable of doing 400whp+, stock.

with a good tune of course.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I think BJaccord was runnin in the 250 range wasnt he? before he blew the motor that is.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      H23's on boost are capable of doing 400whp+, stock.

with a good tune of course.
                      LOL.

I wonder how long that would last.

Comment

It would last a long time, if maintained properly.

I e-know a guy that has a boosted h23 currently running 500whpish, stock block.

It's been running since before x-mas. It's also a DD.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

thanks that makes me feel better.

Im thinking im going to run a garrett turbo with these specs
                          t3/t4 50 A/R COMPRESSOR .63 A/R TURBINE .57 TRIM
                          or this one
                          T3/T4 .50 COLD .83 HOT .56 trim
                          which do you guys think would be better??? remember im looking for 250ish.

i dunno which one i really want. i want it to spool in the 3,000 rpm range any higher and it will never be any fun for me. i dont go real fast.

i need to move to a 550cc injector and possibly redo my ic piping and ic its 2.25 right now and the ic is 3X7X29 ( i think, either way its kinda small)
                          And def move to crome, but i gotta wait till after the may meet to do anything, it runs right now dont want to mess it up.

Comment

u should dyno ur car first and see where you stand right now. my car made 260 on h23 with a big 16g which is most likely smaller than your t3
                            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

i would be amazed if the car makes 200whp its pretty slow. the turbo is dying out anyways so i need just to change it and get the new program on it and go from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X