Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My First Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
    honestly, it was not much of a build, it was more of me getting used to boost and an intro, which is exactly what I wanted, to help me work my way around the CB7 a lil more. I mean what did I expect the engine had 312k miles on it yah know! Still pulled like a mad man.

And now to let the cat out of the bag!
    I know a lot of people helped me with this car, and I appreciate you all for it but here is what truly happened!
    I got boost happy and decided since the car was going to be sitting for a while to see what this manual boost controller can do. I played with it until my gauge read 16psi!

That was an adventure and I must say it was fun for the 4 hours while it lasted. Luckily I was still able to drive it home without injury to myself or others. Now don't critisize cause I had a reason...it was beCAUSE it was my engine and I wanted to see what would have happend! Low and behold, my engine, my money, my problem! Woot!

Regardless my 1993 Black EX - Black Betty one will be headed into H23 boost land! I have 50% of the parts! I am hoping to see 350 hp on the H23. But who knows man! Dreams are dreams. Still doing some research but I got the engine from TigersAutoParts, and it will remain stock (at least bottom end) until it gives out! When I start my wire tuck, prob the beginning of Jan then I will start a new t hread to entail my H23 build, or should I just add it to here?

thats pretty normal for a first time turbo person. Everyone does it... some just do it while it's being tuned, lol.
    Maybe i am to cautious but.... i feel you could do better with the F22 turboed, than the h23.

and you wouldn't have to worry about two cams, and the added weight. you could sell that motor and get some better parts for your f22 build. and really make that bottom end strong, with rods, pstons, block guard. upgraded oil pump.... if you didn't want the head, you could still put the h23 head on thier, although i wouldn't recomend it.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

I've seen a lot more stock block h23s make it into the 400whp range than I've ever seen stock f22's make it much past 350whp, and last.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        I've seen a lot more stock block h23s make it into the 400whp range than I've ever seen stock f22's make it much past 350whp, and last.
        I agree Which is why the decision was made for h23.
        But remember it is going in the black car.

I do have intentions to build a full blown f22 engine tho! but for now my love resides in the h23 until its built. Then its time to get theblack car painted and ready to move on to my next one.

This red coupe I bought has a H22 just my DD during the h23 boost build. (members ride coming soon) then prob drop the engine or sell it...I dont think I am going to like coupes too much, the door just seems lame! way to big!
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

i did the same exact thing steve i was on the dyno though and turned my boost up to 23lbs needless to say it didnt work out to well on my stock h22 i did make 360whp though needless to say round two we are either beat freaks or we just like to torture ourselves i think i have a down payment on a house into my cb7 but thats why i rent as far as the door on the coupe its big but comfy and the upside is its a 2 door so no one gets a ride in the back just a passenger up front

Comment

Working...
          X