Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My First Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Turbo blah blah, was an attempt to stay on topic foo.

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7
      z man, bla blah...man come on now. ALL TALK then I will watch you wanta buy my car, cause even boosted with 250k still runs better than your stock with a sock.

as far as the clutch I am geting it from LSDmotorsports.com
      LSD = Legal Speed Designs
      95% Clamp Increase, 494 ft/lb Torque Capacity
      Link for the Clutch

As soon as I drive my car to Cali, I am putting in my H22 manual tranny with LSD(limited slip)

I love my car being FI. Has already been a great experience. I miss being around it, after you drive boost, the addiction kicks in and you dont wanna go back!
      NICE!

WaC!

Comment

it happens to the best of us, like it did to me last night,, all i can say is be careful.
        these are just the parts mine through 50 feet from my car,,and i picked up out of the road,,, we have not tore into her yet.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

ouchies

sorry to hear it my friend...

I really miss my cars right now. had to trade in the yaris for a mini-van cause we got some extra people out here, and its lame. I hate mini-vans. Its in my name but I make other people drive cause Im listening for the BOV, where is that beautiful sound of greatness?

Making me realize I am not gunna recirculate it when I return.
          Gunna pop the clutch, motor mounts, distributor and traction bar in and go play at the race track. I wanna see what this beast can do. Also going to look more into the cooling of the turbo.

On top of that my car is no longer a "She"
          Do you know a woman that likes to be stroked or blown?
          Its gotta be a dude! (sorry about the "dude" I am originally from California)
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

Dude!
            DOOOOOD!

Comment

damm you guys really rigged up that front bumper
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

That's due to the fmic being really, really long. If he had fogs, there'd be no way he could have kept them. Not with this fmic.

But it honestly doesn't look bad in person. Looks pretty damn badass.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  That's due to the fmic being really, really long. If he had fogs, there'd be no way he could have kept them. Not with this fmic.

But it honestly doesn't look bad in person. Looks pretty damn badass.
                  any intercooler sticking out the front looks badass. damm i wish you lived closer, so that you could tune up my ride.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Ya, it does look hella badass with the cutup bumper. I like the way it looks.

Comment

damn

a lot more positive comments than I thought, so now the question is:

should I get a new front bumper and make it totally sleeper

or

keep it the way it is?

I am getting better day pics but for now its gunna stay.

Traction bar and clutch are more importante!
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

I think it looks alright but I'd still say get another front bumper and have it cut less... No way you are hiding that thing completely for a 'sleeper' look lol. But since it's not the most important, take your time finding one i.e., get a good bargain and a good looking one!!! Especially if you ever think you'll show it in a 'mild' category.

But yeah that traction bar and clutch are first... and another set of tires before long lol
                        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I say get a new bumper and try it again!!!

Here is a picture of that same intercooler behind my bumper. You can hide that intercooler easily behind a bumper. I saw how far it was sticking out, and was like WTF? I guess I just mounted it right, cuz I did not have to really cut out that much of my bumper. But, I could not use my bumper lights either? I had to cut away at the location that the signals mount to.

Sorry Steve, I just found my memory card with these pics on it.

And now with the bumper off completely.

Last edited by c mak; 03-14-2008, 09:12 PM. Reason: adding more
                          97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
                          IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

He didn't feel safe removing the rad. support.

Comment

What? He should not of had to remove the radiator support at all? I did not have to. The only thing that I removed was the ac condenser and all th ac parts.
                              97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
                              IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

Hmm, must be in the charge piping then. Yours also sits a bit higher.

He mounted the ic before he routed the charge pipes tho, who knows why he did the way he did it.

Comment

Working...
                                X