Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

dsm kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dsm kit

whats up peeps, i was just looking at some of the members dsm kits. Is anyone selling one, or sell them all the time. How long do they usually last on a stock motor? Is it worth the time and money, or should i just buy a H22. The full H22 swap is 1600 at www.osakajdmmotors.com. I would love to have boost as long as it looks clean and orderly under the hood. There were a few shots that look good. any info would be great.
    Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

There's a few members on here who have done a fair few km's on boosted setups (F22 engines)
    I've currently done 5000kms since October on my setup, an had no Major issues. I've changed the oil 3 times (Fresh engine) and the last time I changed it was because I had to take the sump off anyway.
    Tuning is the key, A good tune will last a long time, a bad tune may last less than a week.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      There's a few members on here who have done a fair few km's on boosted setups (F22 engines)
      I've currently done 5000kms since October on my setup, an had no Major issues. I've changed the oil 3 times (Fresh engine) and the last time I changed it was because I had to take the sump off anyway.
      Tuning is the key, A good tune will last a long time, a bad tune may last less than a week.
      EGGZACTLY! its all in the tune....and make sure you DONT rush your setup.

meaning...dont rush to put it together just because you want boost...

piece your parts CAREFULLY..you want QUALITY parts...and make sure you do some porting on the turbo...

http://www.dsmparts.com

^ there...you can find your 16G snail....BOV..and turbo mani.

you have to look around for top quality fittings...oil lines ( feed and return ).

and Id suggest you get a PO6 and chip it. ( contact D112crzy OR MRX for further info )

good luck...and keep us posted!

NOTE: get a spare oil pan....because you're gonna have to tap and bung one of the oilpans for the oil return ( no way around that )...

just in case you want to return your car to N/A...you have a N/A oil pan ready for install!

you're gonna have to use the oil sending unit ( put a fitting on that ) for your oil feed. ( above the oil filter )...kinda hard to get to.

its easier to do the setup when the engine is OUT of the car ( the prep work )

^ what I have done in the past ...its easier for me ( less bending and contorting of your body )
      Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 01-30-2008, 10:03 AM.
      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
      My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

wowsers

^^^ thats a good write up, spent some time huh?

well I totally agree, on top of that it sounds like your first boost, I would best recomend buying a used kit just due to the fact that you will still be learnng what your getting into, has been a great learning curve for me and a blast at the same time. I did a lot of research but some things I just dont get until I dig my paws into it.

I would also say make sure you have the funds for knowing what your gettin into especially if its your only car. I have a backup so its the only reason I would do this beautiful addition.

Good luck bro, let us know the details!
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
        X