Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Ported Evo III Big 16g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ported Evo III Big 16g

Anyone have any experience with one of these? I know a few people run/have run the big 16g, but I wasnt sure if anyone had one ported. I ordered one today and will be installing it hopefully within the next week. Im also going to be going with a 3" dp, o2 housing with dump to atmosphere, and a retune. This is a real deal evo III big 16g from slowboy racing, not an ebay knockoff.
    Regardless, I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the turbo, as I have done my research and I know its a good turbo, but would like to hear of it from fellow cb7tuners, not just dsm-ers.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

I have alot of experience with 16g's just on dsms. The ported 16g in my opinion is a much better match for the f22 than the standard 16g. Also has alot more capability but still will max out around 300-350hp depending on setup

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

well, those are the numbers Im shooting for on stock block, so that sounds good. Everything I have heard is positive, and the local dsm guys approve, and Im one of the few honders they like, go me.
      Regardless, I cant wait for it, I have been giddy like a school girl all day about it.

Comment

just be careful not to boost too much over 300 on a higher mileage car. the only weakness found so far over that hp level is piston ring lands cracking and failing. Having run 300hp for years i say its safe but when i tore my block down there was definatly signs of wear on the ring lands.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

i love my evo 3 16G... on the eclipse.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

I'm currently running the Ported Big 16G. I can only compare it to the old 14B that I had previously.
            My first thoughts after the swap, was dissappointment, until I realised that it simply spooled up a bit later than the 14B.
            After retuning for the 16G I was/am alot more impressed, Plus It's nice being able to drive around town "normally" without steeping into boost everytime you touch the throttle.

Also if you decide to keep the DSM manifold, Its a good Idea to port that to the same size as the turbo inlet
            Last edited by evil_demon_01; 02-22-2008, 12:07 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Ya i have a pnp dsm mani and the evo 3 big 16g. I love it but i want bigger. My only complaint about it is that the wastegate doesn't open fast enough. When i do a 40 pull it spikes and holds at 12 psi then when i shift to 3rd it spikes to 12 then regulates at 10. But all in all its a nice turbo Ya i got mine from turbochargers.com My next turbo is going to be the gt32
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                Anyone have any experience with one of these? I know a few people run/have run the big 16g, but I wasnt sure if anyone had one ported. I ordered one today and will be installing it hopefully within the next week. Im also going to be going with a 3" dp, o2 housing with dump to atmosphere, and a retune. This is a real deal evo III big 16g from slowboy racing, not an ebay knockoff.
                Regardless, I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the turbo, as I have done my research and I know its a good turbo, but would like to hear of it from fellow cb7tuners, not just dsm-ers.
                I've got two of them
                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

ported 16gs are nice im sure youll love it after the retune btw what injectors are you gonna use? rc 750cc would be nice

Comment

Im staying with the 450ccs at the moment, but looking into some bigger ones. I dont plan on boosting too high, and hopefully these will work. If not, I know of some 550's I can get locally.
                    Grumpy-What wastegate actuator are you using? The one on my 14b is set to 12 psi, and I am not sure what the stock 16g actuator is set at.
                    Thanks for the input, as I knew it was a good turbo, and took a smidge longer to spool, but from my understanding, the porting and an upgraded o2 housing will help to minimize this.

Comment

440 cc/min I know were what I needed for calculations at 250 whp max, with a bit of leeway. I think for 300whp you will need larger, so I would look into that, perhaps 550? I would recalculate chessboxer.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                        440 cc/min I know were what I needed for calculations at 250 whp max, with a bit of leeway. I think for 300whp you will need larger, so I would look into that, perhaps 550? I would recalculate chessboxer.
                        And this is for NA. FI needs more fuel due to more cfm's. 450's are at 80% duty cycle a little before 250whp on an FI setup.

I'd honestly upgrade.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Word, I shall talk to my friend then.

Comment

where does the power start to fall off for a ported evo big 16g?

Comment

yup upgrade the injectors to get 300whp

Comment

Working...
                              X