Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

The Official E23 Non Vtec Thread (H23/F22a Hybrid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official E23 Non Vtec Thread (H23/F22a Hybrid)

Ok I am now going to show you all what the E23 is. I am going to start from scratch this time since the original blew up months ago. I guess using cheap engine bearings was a factor. Ok I know many of you kept on asking questions about this build and what are the gains if any. This will show you an idea of what this can do. I will be using another H23 block and a completely stock f22a head. The block will use either oem honda bearings or ACL race this time around. The crank will be micropolished and balanced @ a local performance machine shop. The block will retain 87 bore probably will hone the block a bit depends. The head will be semi built. It will not have any porting or polishing done. I believe that the stock f22a head can probably flow up towards 200whp stock, so we'll see. I will either be using my existing bisi level 2 cam or the get his level 3 cam since I have seen to where his level 2 makes power up to only 6.5k rpms. It will have his springs in there as well. I am shooting for at least 200-220whp. It is plausible I have seen dynos of f22a's on bisi forums to where they used the level 2 cam for towards up to 170whp on 8.8 compression! (built head though). Last but not least compression will be @ around 11.6-12.1. This will be tuned on 93 pump gas. And redline will depends on the cam that is used. 6.7k on level 2 or 8k on level 3.

There are problems with this build such as oil passages engine mounts and etc. This will probably take a month or 2 since One of my suppliers is out on vacation and I won't get the most critical part I need until july.

This will consist of mostly all stock parts. i will be using the H23 rods with h22a1 pistons. a custom sized HG. stock oil pump or just get it worked @ endyne since only 20 minutes away. Considering kaizen speed balance delete since its all taken apart already. and blah blah blah

stay tuned!

Also Most important thing It will probably be less than 1k depending on what parts I want to use. 1.5k max.

I will have pictures as well today since I already disassembled the block yesterday.
    Last edited by trah; 05-05-2009, 09:57 AM.
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

cool. ill be watching this.

Comment

im tuned in!
      spin city

Comment

Bastard. I hate you. I'll definitely have to one-up you with an e22 build

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          Bastard. I hate you. I'll definitely have to one-up you with an e22 build
          Do it man. H22 or F23 block? I would go with the F23. K20a2 pistons and some F23 Forged rods. Piston to deck would be roughly 0 i believe. 12.5 compression! OMG! better than my build! I would have chosen the F23 to build but I don't have one lol.
          Last edited by trah; 05-06-2009, 10:35 PM.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

OK here are some updates.... got my h22 pistons found out that they are h22a4 floating wrist pins. So... I got to go rebush the h23 rods. Disassembled the pistons and rods from the h22a4 so I can get them to the machine shop.

The crank, rods, and pistons will be balanced. The crank will be go through a vat and polish work. I will be probably be revving towards 7.5k-9k depends like I stated. But its always good to play it safe. Here are some pictures with some comments for this goes to the machine shop. They told me a week turn around.

Measurements of the wrist pin .865 hmmm it could be my measuring device is off but o wells its close.

This is of the H22a4 floating pistons and rods disassembled.

This is the H23 rods and Pistons. Got to press these off. Can't use my press since I broke some before =P.

Heres the 95mm crank o0o0o ahhhh.

Heres the pic of the bottem end of the block with some of the mains still intact.

Heres the pic of the top of the block. I don't know If I want to deck it or hone it a tad just yet.

Heres my ORIGANAL F22A head from my car. see how golden it is lol. 110k! Don't know if I want to use this or not. THis head will be probably be the one that will be built (5 angle or maybe P&P but then it depends on my use (street or race))

Heres the Head I will probably be using (has sludge build up and etc but I can work with it. Don't mind my dogs paws he's my assistant he fetches me my tools and he UNDERSTANDS 2!

Fuel will be delivered by an external FPR and will go through my custom made Fuel Rail that is currently on my H22. It will spit out gas through my 2008 RDX Injectors.
            YEA BITCHES! TRA'S RACING!

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

alright after prepping for tomorrow @ my donut shop I came back to the garage and started cleaning the h22a4 pistons since there was so much carbon build up. Guess what I found!

I know right! 3 out of the 4 pistons had valve to piston contact. I don't know If I am wanting to use these now.... I was thinking about grinding it down a bit but then my cc on the dome would change and then back to the machine shop to cc it. but if I can find some jdm h22a or h22a1 press to fit pistons CHEAP THEN I'll go that route! But I really prefer to use floating wrist pins.... I will get back with yall what I decide.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Just deburr the edges where it was hit and you'll be fine.

I'm probably gonna do a straight H22 unless I can get an F23 block/crank.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

nice build man i'm gona watch..
                  back at it again

Comment

update... machine shop has my crank, rods, and pistons to be polished and balanced still.... I have called almost all machine shops in the dfw and none I mean none of them will hone my frm block. SO IMA do it myself. Will post you guys up on this.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by trah View Post
                      update... machine shop has my crank, rods, and pistons to be polished and balanced still.... I have called almost all machine shops in the dfw and none I mean none of them will hone my frm block. SO IMA do it myself. Will post you guys up on this.
                      ok man
                      back at it again

Comment

sigh.... can this get any worse.... machine shop called me yesterday and noted me that my rods were damaged. So I said wtf what happened. They said that the guy that tried to press it out used a press bearing that was a little bit 2 big and broke it.... Well anyways..... I decided this.

Going to overbore and run type s pistons. Need to get another set of h23 rods....

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

sigh.... can this get any worse.... machine shop called me yesterday and noted me that my rods were damaged. So I said wtf what happened. They said that the guy that tried to press it out used a press bearing that was a little bit 2 big and broke it.... Well anyways..... I decided this.

Going to overbore and run type s pistons. Need to get another set of h23 rods....
                          that sucks man

good luck
                          back at it again

Comment

Damn, theres always something. Nice pics and write up so far, hope everything flows smooth from here
                            FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                            Pm meX
                            I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                            H22A Swap
                            I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

alrighty I got me a set of h23 rods. I just now need to send it off to get rebushed. Came into another issue I got some issues with the block deck its scaped scared whatever you want I measured it and Now I have to deck the block .01 inches to make it flat. Now its an extra 150 bucks for another HG. sigh.... build is costing more now. BUT STILL LESS THAN CISCO'S! other than that I just need to wait for the overbored type S pistons to arrive and start building. Bearing I am using will be ACL the non race. compression now will be 12.1:1 up there now. It will be daily driven and hopefully pass emissions as well . I am going to use the bisi level 2 cam. just to see how much it can make then sell it and upgrade to a level 3.
                              Last edited by trah; 05-17-2009, 11:04 PM.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Working...
                              X