Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

It's my turn- **Project SOHC**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

y0 booi! haha, dont get discouraged dawg!
    Everything will work out I think. if you need help im almost always available!

Comment

any updates?! I wanna see the completed motor

Be Clean

Comment

None as of yet. I am saving for head work, cam and valve springs. I want them all installed at once so I don't have to keep pulling crap off.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Did a compression test after an oil change and it reads:

300--300--300--300

Only took 7 cranks too.
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Comment

subscribed. i hope you make 200hp

Be Clean

Comment

wonder what a leakdown test would show. did you figure out the burning oil problem? i'm hoping it was just the tube seals and head needing tightened down lol
              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
              Project 240SX
              Originally posted by chillin943
              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice View Post
                and head needing tightened down lol
                lol fuck re-torquing

Comment

Thought I'd update you guys on what's going on.

The motor has been retuned and runs better than before. It pulls HARD. Harder than my DOHC did.

This is what I have been doing this past month:
                  -custom 'Bisi regrind has been ordered
                  -Bisimoto Pro valve springs ordered
                  -DC downpipe is being modified as we speak for 2.5" collector
                  -spare head is 50% done

The motor is having some positive crank case pressure issues(not burning much oil). Jose feels this is due to too much cylinder pressure because the cam won't let it "bleed off"(general term). There's so much cylinder pressure that the ignition timing had to be retarded even more than it initially was(via crome).

Jose is currently modifying a spare valve cover and making me a catch-can. Will post pics once it's done.
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                    The motor has been retuned and runs better than before. It pulls HARD. Harder than my DOHC did.
                    i can't remember if i ever rode in your dohc after the 5 speed swap. what are the custom cam specs? you still need to go for a ride in my car too.
                    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                    Project 240SX
                    Originally posted by chillin943
                    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                      Thought I'd update you guys on what's going on.

This is what I have been doing this past month:
                      -custom 'Bisi regrind has been ordered
                      -Bisimoto Pro valve springs ordered
                      -DC downpipe is being modified as we speak for 2.5" collector
                      -spare head is 50% done

The motor is having some positive crank case pressure issues(not burning much oil). Jose feels this is due to too much cylinder pressure because the cam won't let it "bleed off"(general term). There's so much cylinder pressure that the ignition timing had to be retarded even more than it initially was(via crome).

Jose is currently modifying a spare valve cover and making me a catch-can. Will post pics once it's done.
                      i got a catch can setup since mine burns quite a bit.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

so did you upgrade to your a1 plenum/runners yet? lol

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                          so did you upgrade to your a1 plenum/runners yet? lol
                          I was going to but "someone" wanted to drive to Lynnwood and back so that kind of killed that idea.
                          3 CB's gone....
                          1 WK Overland....

Comment

did jose end up swapping ur intake mani to modify it or did he slack on that one too

Comment

Originally posted by rgsh22accord View Post
                              did jose end up swapping ur intake mani to modify it or did he slack on that one too
                              No other things came up and by the time we got to it, it was fairly late and I bagged out on it. (Had to get home and feed the kids.)

Jose and Gage both were telling me "Let's do this, the three of us could knock it out quick" but getting home to kids overruled it.
                              3 CB's gone....
                              1 WK Overland....

Comment

lets get this ish done man!

Comment

Working...
                                X