Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 skunk2 im with h23 adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
    I'm closer to him than most people on this board. I realize there may be people who are closer.

I resent that remark about it not being too hard to make a basemap however, if that were the case you'd be making your own wouldn't you? I admit John is very damn good at what he does, and over time he probably has pretty "Safe" calibrations. But still, a basemap is a basemap, get it on the dyno, that's what it's for. You're really holding back the performance of your car with a basemap, as I'm sure he's trying to make sure it doesn't blow up, by designing something overly aggressive.
    I was just teasing about the distance.

I totally agree with you.

As far as doing it myself, i would if i had the tools.

As far as the remark about a basemap goes, im referring to taking a stock p13 map and tweaking it slightly, not a basemap from scratch. I know its not purely advisable to only run a basemap, however what i have from john is leaps and bounds better then the p13 and the tune that was on the p28 to begin with. Old tune would ping all the time and the p13 was so rich it was washing down the cylinder walls.
    1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
    1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
    Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

idk, a stock h22 with skunk2 mani was really close. if clearance is a issue then a Euro R manifold would be better.

Comment

Wow sounds like alot of work just to get the sk2 manifold on there... i didnt think the sk2 manifold would have any Clearance issues....... oh well too late to back down now ..i just order the h23 adapter plate .... and a friend on mycb7.com is going to send me the sk2 manifold .... the euro r manifold would be nice .. but a bit too pricey for me
        Last edited by jdmboi type s; 03-06-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

well please update the thread and let us know what you find out and runn into.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by jdmboi type s View Post
            Wow sounds like alot of work just to get the sk2 manifold on there... i didnt think the sk2 manifold would have any Clearance issues....... oh well too late to back down now ..i just order the h23 adapter plate .... and a friend on mycb7.com is going to send me the sk2 manifold .... the euro r manifold would be nice .. but a bit too pricey for me
            You'll be fine, you're not the first, and you won't be the last(knock on wood). Take a pic when you're done. Just do it!
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Is the motor its going on stock?

I think money could be better spent elsewhere. Even on fully built H22s IMs are only good for like 5-6HP over stock, tuned. And it would be a lot of work and $$$ to get it running 100%. I think money would be better spent on a cam

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Thanks for the support ppl .... will post an update ...when parts get in

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                  Is the motor its going on stock?

I think money could be better spent elsewhere. Even on fully built H22s IMs are only good for like 5-6HP over stock, tuned. And it would be a lot of work and $$$ to get it running 100%. I think money would be better spent on a cam
                  Not sure on that one, but ok.....

A cam is easily $300 shipped from Bisi, not to mention he'd probably have to get it tuned asap, so roughly a $600-$800 expense.

Comment

Not sure on that one, but ok.....

A cam is easily $300 shipped from Bisi, not to mention he'd probably have to get it tuned asap, so roughly a $600-$800 expense.
                    An S2 manifold + adapter would cost more than a cam when all is said and done. And even mild cams that don't need better valvsprings are proven to make power. This S2IM is essentially a gamble.

Not to mention, 10whp is good gains for the S2IM on a fully built high compression motor...

I would bet money you would see little to nothing in gains on a stock F22A over an H23 IM. S2IM is designed for a completely different motor, it barely registers gains on stock H22s. IMO the money would be better spent elsewhere, that IM could buy a lot of good parts for the F22.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

You initially said 5-6whp, and then the dyno you showed us is netting a 10whp 5tq gain. At the price of roughly 500 altogether, I'd say that would be worth it. Granted that's on an H22 but as far as I know personally only 1 person on these forums has dynoed an F22 on here with that manifold, and he was a genius. I don't expect him to produce those kinds of numbers, but a ballpark figure I believe is perfectly attainable.

Comment

You initially said 5-6whp, and then the dyno you showed us is netting a 10whp 5tq gain. At the price of roughly 500 altogether, I'd say that would be worth it. Granted that's on an H22 but as far as I know personally only 1 person on these forums has dynoed an F22 on here with that manifold, and he was a genius. I don't expect him to produce those kinds of numbers, but a ballpark figure I believe is perfectly attainable.
                        $500 for 5whp? And they don't even sell the adapters anymore.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        Skunk2 H22 mani + Bisi Stage 2 cam + header???? :scared:

http://lzgusa.com/lzusa/evo/evoauto/...roducts_id=105
                        Link is dead, so it would have to be a one-off or used, so $500 is prob optimistic considering the manifold itself is like $350 new. Plus it has a bigger TB opening so to make the most of it dude would have to get port work. And I'm not even sure there would be clearance- ESPECIALLY with the adapter.

Just not the best way to spend $$$. The H23 IM will make 90% of the gains for 25% of the price. Seems like a no brainer.

If anything a better idea would be a K series IM... those make way more power on stock H22s.... and are cheaper...

Comment

I didn't do port work on my IM and TB, and I still feel it would be worth it. But that's up to him. With the port work though however, there's no denying the S2 IM would murder the H23 IM. It will fit, the adapter is probably no more than half to a whole inch thick. I have easily a good 2-2.5 inches of clearance. I think worst case scenario is he has .25 inch left. Hell even if it slightly touched the firewall, I wouldn't care.

Comment

If it slightly touched the firewall the the impact from the engine torquing would cause the flange to crack.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Here's some shots of an F22A in a EG Civic with the Euro R. Keep in mind the Civic is a smaller engine bay and still fits it in there quite nicely. The H23A might be tight but in the larger CB7 chassis you can pretty much rest assured it would be fine.

I know they're not exactly what you planned...but I hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X