Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22A Bisimoto Header Detailed Photos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bands Will Make Her Dance!
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I thought Bisi was on this site, I am surpised he hasnt rang in yet.
      I thought he made great products.

Comment

He is a member here. However, he doesn't really post here much and it's been some time since he has. Julio is usually the one who responds to Bisimoto-related threads and the reasons for him not having done so are pretty obvious. What would he say? The issues have gone from header fitment to company values and show no signs of stopping.

But I still wish that they would say something. If they came on this thread and admitted to where the headers were made(not a big deal at all if it's out in the open and not lied about), that there were QC issues that have been unresolved and that previously customer service has been poor(offensive at times) and then make a public promise to completely fix those issues and make a VERY concerted effort to repair soured customer relationships with members of this site, I would buy a header today. I don't plan on keeping my F22A6 because I have other engines I'd prefer to install. But, I want to show a company that customer service and integrity are essential to running a succesful business. Not this crap they've managed to get away with.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          I looked at all the pictures in this thread..... What different diameter pipes are you referring to? I see a few areas in the images that have varying diameters of piping.

I am sorry if I sounded condescending. I am not familiar with the scope of your work. I just assumed that you were seriously looking for an answer to your question.
          As I said on post number 54, I have my own idea about why this header is leaking.

As for Bisi using differing diameter pipes on the header in order to match flow rate of exhaust gas from each cylinders because of differing radiis, I highly (x100) doubt that they have done so.

It's seems to me that the most offending/leaking pipe is #3 on all of people's Bisi headers. If you look at the first photo that cloud posted, post #39, you should be able to see that #3 runner has wider opening than just one or two inches above it.

Now, on all of leak free slip joints I've ever worked on, let it be on motorcycles or airplanes, the entire length of over lapped section of the joint does not change diameter sizes. And they are fit snugly. The is very important for it to be leak free among other things IMHO.

On #3 runner on Bisi's header, the bend just prior to entering into the collector is too close to the slip joint that it is changing diameter and not maintaining proper fit. My take on a fix to this is explained on post #41.

As for the scope of my work,,,,,, . I'm an aircraft mechanic with privilege to inspect and approve airworthiness of aircrafts after the work is done. Did I say it right? I hope, so.
          A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
            On #3 runner on Bisi's header, the bend just prior to entering into the collector is too close to the slip joint that it is changing diameter and not maintaining proper fit.
            One of ways to correct this leak issue is to cut off a section of offending/leaking pipe just above of it engages to the collector. And then weld a piece of pipe that matches the ID of collector while two sections are engaged/assembled.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Question, are the sleeves of the collector square in relationship to the primary tubes on the ram horn. i have seen a few different pictures of the collectors and it looks like the #3 collector sleeve is cocked a bit.

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
              91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
              funds for swap:$000.00
              Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
              Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

On mine, I see openings of upper runners are not perpendicular to its axis and they are not terminated at the same position. If you dig my MRT on the forum, you may find that picture.
                A&P-IA

Comment

On mine, I see openings of upper runners are not perpendicular to its axis and they are not terminated at the same position. If you dig my MRT on the forum, you may find that picture.
                  That's what I was noticing in cloudasc's photos as well. The bend on the third primary, as you described, makes that pipe no longer perpendicular to the others. I was going to whip up a drawing in on the photos to show this, but I gave up. This is what I meant by their jig either being a bit off, and that primary being two or three degrees out of alignment. Perhaps it's closer to five or ten degrees.

Comment

jarret, main reason they wont is because if they do, they prompt their chances of people turning this into a legal matter

right now, there is NOTHING anyone can do, and there are plenty of people non internet based that bought this product most which are disgusted with the situation

for them admitting that they lied could hurt them really bad, its not like customers will say: "well its ok, im happy with the apology, we all lie but the fact that you admitted it finally after so long, it'll make me forget about the 4 months of eating ramen noodles just to be able to afford this"

they're doing the best they can about this and its turning a blind eye to it
                    let it burn and eventually it'll burn out

we have all done it at a point
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I'm not suggesting that the Heavens would open up and angels would sing their praises if they would simply admit to wrong-doing. I'm saying that if that were combined with a VERY concerted effort to right some wrongs with huge helping of customer service then THAT could change their image.

What you're saying is true, and it's sad that that's possible, because it will only be a matter of time before warranties run out on these CR-Zs and people start wanting tune them. They'll go to him.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Greetings all,
                        Thank you for the feedback, and the patience, as I have been pulled in so many directions of late. I will use this opportunity to address the concerns in this thread.

The units are made here, in southern California. I am aware of the malicious threads on another Honda forum, perpertuated by knockoff companies, to try and create demand for thier inferior wares by trying to sling mud. Saying it over, and over again, will not make it true. Please do not mind them.

The springs on the two piece design is there to allow for movement, and expansion. If there are any significant leaks, even when the units are well inserted together, that would constitute a defect in workmanship, and I will (and have always) made it right.

In regard to my absence, I am the only one at Bisimoto to design products, and I have been very busy doing so over the course of the past 2 years. My work with 3 major OEs have come to pass, and now I can go back to what I love to do: interact with all of you, and racing.

Concerning "customer service" my team now is stellar, and given the chance, you will see such. The talent market is so slim in our area, and I did have poor individuals in the past, but those days are gone.

I am very dedicated to the CB platform, and will bend over backward to take care of you guys. If any questions or concerns arise, kindly PM me here, or write to me at bisi@bisimoto.com.
                        Thanks, and happy new year.
                        'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
                        World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
                        World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
                        1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
                        1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
                        1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
                        2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
                        NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
                        Bisimoto's Facebook page
                        478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

My header is leaking as you can see in the photos in the earlier part of this thread.

Let me know if you are going to have that back to you and make it leak free, shipping paid by you both ways. I paid my part once already.

PM me if you want go under the cover,,,
                          A&P-IA

Comment

I have no objection. Email me your address, and I will take care of it. Thanks.
                            sales@bisimoto.com
                            Thanks.
                            'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
                            World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
                            World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
                            1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
                            1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
                            1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
                            2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
                            NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
                            Bisimoto's Facebook page
                            478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

Now, I'd say you are making good business decision. If it works out I will be praising your company in the public, instead of bitching, as I have been.

You should have my purchase record under "Mark Sugimoto". The header ID is F001895V2.

You could PM me your UPS account number and I can ship the header out to you on Monday.

In any case, I will email you.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

I have as of yet to play with any Bisimoto products. I have on hand the Bisi phenolic intake gasket for my F22A, and I'm fairly confident it will perform as expected; come spring time I will know.

Regardless, I am excited to see the developments in this thread. I, and I assume many others, will be keeping a close watch on future developments.

I just wanted to put that out there. That's all I've got.

Comment

Working...
                                X