Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Good cam specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good cam specs?

intake lift 0.405 duration= 228
    exhaust lift 0.402 duration = 228
    valve lash settings int: 006 exh 008

???
    My CB7

what do u want to do with the motor? turbo? NA? any other mods?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcord
      what do u want to do with the motor? turbo? NA? any other mods?
      N/A, which is why its in this section (not being a dick)
      My CB7

Comment

Is this good for N/A?

Can anyone help out?
        My CB7

Comment

the #'s on those specs don't look too bad. but they could be a bit more aggressive and still be comfortable enough for daily driving.
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

man, why do u ask this, why dont u just ask if the GUDE cam is a good one, same exact measurments, anyways, yes and no, i have heard good and bad about Gude cams, like that they break because of the base circle being reduced and then i have heard they r fine, my suggestion would be a

Delta 272 regrind:
            in: 409
            ex: 409
            advertized duration: 282 in. & ex.

and the reason i like these more is that cam doesn`t reduce the base circle therefore making it stronger, and the thing about the 282 which is still made by delta is it is really hot and then also it doesn`t reduce the base circle, if u have compression under 10.5:1 and ur going all motor then u r going all motor, a 272 is able to run on stock ECU settings, but the low compression makes it hard to make up power.. now if u bump up the compression then u have to upgrade to the 282 to get the most out of the cam then also u could SAFC fuel tune even so u can richen it up up top so that it runs better.. i ran the 272 on a race F22 i built and then switched it for a 282 and that thing made power to 7.5 where as the 272 felt like it fell off at 7.0k roughly.. so ya, it does make a difference but again, this was b4 tuning and after the 282 made more power substantially... depends on what ur using the car for, but if u r truly going all mototr and high compression and such then 282, stock or low compression then 272 at most is advised... good luck...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Working...
            X