Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Having some success with mild F22a6 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't a rant at all but just an observation: I keep hearing some people ragging on the F22's compared to the H22. That's fine, I understand. Other times, it seems like the F22 is a solid competitor against other cars yet many say F22's are so slow and what not. So I'm just noticing all the mixed feelings about F22's, esp. in this thread it seems like the a6 can hold it's own!

Just an observation

Comment

i hope to make it to that meet! I'll be rollin up in a eg, but oh well.
      H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
        This isn't a rant at all but just an observation: I keep hearing some people ragging on the F22's compared to the H22. That's fine, I understand. Other times, it seems like the F22 is a solid competitor against other cars yet many say F22's are so slow and what not. So I'm just noticing all the mixed feelings about F22's, esp. in this thread it seems like the a6 can hold it's own!

Just an observation
        H22 is OK...but for the cost of a long block you can prob. snag and rebuild a high comp cammed F22 and get basically the same performance.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

just out of curiostity is there any diff with a a6 intake manifold bottom and h23 top?
          www.2camcrew.com

Comment

H22 is far, the best mass produced vtec motor.
            IMO, 5th gens are heavy yes, but they are a cruising sports car...powerful in all aspects...especially handling...
            I come from a long history of Preludes...off topic...

But good job anyway...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
            1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
              just out of curiostity is there any diff with a a6 intake manifold bottom and h23 top?
              I think the A6 and H23 mani tops are basically the same. The swap is mainly for the non-IAB peeps...

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
                Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                I think the A6 and H23 mani tops are basically the same. The swap is mainly for the non-IAB peeps...
                Glory, actually the H23 plenum (upper half) is HUGE compared to the F22a6 plenum, just look at afew pics of the H22/H23 IM and the F22a6 IM. I remember MRX stating the reasoning for this hybrid IM and he's so right: H23 plenum for the volume and the a6 lower for the top end. The a6 lower has slightly shorter runners than the H23's, so that will aid more in the mid-high end RPM range.

Yes, the H23 plenum will help alot, I haven't installed mine yet BUT I've done all the research and it's a good upgrade, also stock for stock, F22a T/B is 58mm and H23 is 60mm. Hope that helps!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
                  H22 is far, the best mass produced vtec motor.
                  IMO, 5th gens are heavy yes, but they are a cruising sports car...powerful in all aspects...especially handling...
                  I come from a long history of Preludes...off topic...

But good job anyway...
                  H22's are weak. The NSX motor is the best VTEC motor. B18C are also superior.

The 5th gen preludes just do not perform. The may make a nice daily driver tho. They're mostly bought by people who want a sporty honda but don't know anything about cars, or by middle-class semi-trophy wives.
                  Last edited by hatchninja; 12-22-2005, 09:51 PM.
                  H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

Comment

All questions regarding F22a6 and H23 intake manifold comparisons are answered on this old thread with pics:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...7&page=1&pp=15
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

finally got moved up to VA. Haven't been able to get CB7tuner in a while. Hatchninja is right- it pulls a lot harder. I'm going to try to make it to the spring meet.
                      Former Ride:
                      93 Accord Coupe
                      Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                      Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                      Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                      Black on Black Leather
                      5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
                      C. S. Lewis

Comment

Maybe now you can beat Caroline's car. 2.4 pontiac grand am, auto. So far her car is undefeated.

H.S.A.E.

Comment

i hope exratedaccord93 can make the meet so he can beat up on my poorly tuned h22 swap

hint hint hint

H23vtec
                          Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

don't worry, I'll be there in my car just in case.
                            H.S.A.E.

Comment

it should be good then

anyway i know that's off topic so let's continue

H23vtec
                              Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

I need to set the base timing...it sometimes stalls when I come to a stop.

Moved back to VA and I'm bored b/c there's no one to talk to about cars and I don't have internet at my house.....oh well, I'll get over it when the weather gets warmer.
                                Former Ride:
                                93 Accord Coupe
                                Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                                Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                                Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                                Black on Black Leather
                                5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
                                C. S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X