Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

MAHLE gold series pistons...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAHLE gold series pistons...

Ok, so I was just wondering if anyone has the MAHLE gold series pistons in their H22 or has heard anything about them... They claim that you don't need to sleeve the block with these pistons. I just wanted to know... Thank you in advance. Later...

Here is a link if you need it, or just want to take a look.

http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...old-honda.html

Comment

Does this mean that nobody knows anything about these pistons? Thank you anyways...

Comment

I have heard of pistons with a special coating to allow them to be used in H22/H23 blocks, but I have not heard of MAHLE specifically.

I know Dave @ www.dh-racing.com has pistons with a special coating that will work on H22s. Contact him if you want something with some background on them.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I'm in kansas and have an h22 in a '90 LX w/type S cams and coldair. I plan on boosting it and i talked to the head guy at mahle. he claimed theres guys running 15-20 psi no problem without sleeving the block. I plan on using them, great for a budget build $500 retail.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
            I have heard of pistons with a special coating to allow them to be used in H22/H23 blocks, but I have not heard of MAHLE specifically.

I know Dave @ www.dh-racing.com has pistons with a special coating that will work on H22s. Contact him if you want something with some background on them.
            Mahle is actually a pretty well known name, I'm suprised you don't know of them and their products.

Comment

They are more of a domestic manufacturer though, not to into imports.
              I do plan on using them in my h23 with some econo rods and go for 300 hp.
              L8r
              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
              01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                Mahle is actually a pretty well known name, I'm suprised you don't know of them and their products.
                Probably because they don't make anything pertinent to me. I'm "zoned" in on my projects
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81

Well I just took a quick look at that site and didn't see anything about a coating on the pistons... WHich number do I call to talk to him? Thank you..

Comment

mahle pistons are realy good. they come out of the box with a ceramic coating, and they are the only company that gives you performance piston rings withe the pistons.

i am also suprised that you havent of mahle. porsche uses mahle pistons in the engines. cart, fia world rally, dakar rally, formula one, and so on. mahle is a known and proven piston. i will be using mahle in my engine build.
                    1990 Accord four door EX + JDM H22A + JDM LSD H22 trans: Born 08/01/2003 - Killed 11/12/2008

1992 Accord four door LX + JDM H22A = New project.

Comment

I'm just hesitent to use a piston in an h22 without sleeving it... I know you have to sleeve the block with any other forged pistons so im hesitent.. I take it nobody actualy has these pistons though? I think I am going to get the 11.5:1 pistons... I will let you know how it go's..

Comment

^^ if you are using 87mm bore pistons (stock sized) then there is no need to sleeve the block what-so-ever.. why would you have to sleeve the block.. just because they are forged pistons??

that doesnt make any sense??? although yes a boost application is entirely different since heat and pressure are critical..

only pistons that are over-sized.. say 20thou.th's need boring of the block.. which when it comes to h22a's would be a good idea to change to full iron sleeves.. since we all know the stories about the older h22a sleeves.. and their fibre-reinforced layer approx 0.5mm from the sleeve face.. etc etc..

i currently have SRP 87mm 11.5:1 pistons ordered... no machine work required here...

and for whoever said MAHLE is the only company that sends (performance) rings with their pistons.. is wrong.. any major company, like, JE...WISECO... ARIAS.. can be ordered with or without rings.. it is the customers choice..

our shop orders in pistons frequently.. direct from whichever company.. and always recieve rings with the pistons
                        Last edited by 4genaccordfreak; 01-14-2006, 05:10 AM.

1990 Accord EX-R 4door
                        5speed, *H22a Power*

-4 Doors are better because there is more of me to pass you with!-

++Proud to be Powered By Honda++

Comment

Whoa there cocky member, cool your jets... There is nothing here that required you to go into defense mode... I have heard from MULTIPLE people that because the h22 has fiber reinforced "sleeves" that you have to re-sleeve the block before you put any piston in besides stock... Apparently I'm not the only one that has heard this because if you take a look at the link I posted a DIRECT quote from the site is;

"It's another MAHLE technological breakthrough! This is the ONLY all forged, aluminum piston for the Honda H22 engine that does not first require sleeving the block."

So don't come in here acting like you are a mister know it all and we're stupid... You could have posted your helpful info in a good way, but instead you got all defenseful...

Comment

pistons

ok, i cee you guys rappin about pistons .my q is i intend on turbo boosting a f22b dohc motor . im looking at say 250 > 300 bhp i was told i need froged pistons i havnt got a clue where to get these pistons from and what size i need . can any guru shed some light here ?? please and finally gimme a list of what i need to get started ...

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

Originally posted by h22accordaz
                              Whoa there cocky member, cool your jets... There is nothing here that required you to go into defense mode...

So don't come in here acting like you are a mister know it all and we're stupid... You could have posted your helpful info in a good way, but instead you got all defenseful...

???.. how was i being defensive.. because im correcting you?... just that you stated in one of your original post.. that you CANNOT install forged pistons without sleeving the block which is a false statement...

im not acting like a know-it-all.. wtf.. does everyone have to get all (HEY COCKY MEMBER BLAH BLAH BLAH) when someone actually has an educated idea to add to the thread.. wtf.. ?

1990 Accord EX-R 4door
                              5speed, *H22a Power*

-4 Doors are better because there is more of me to pass you with!-

++Proud to be Powered By Honda++

Comment

Working...
                              X