Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

272 delta cams.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makes sense. Wikked and the OP used .006/.008.

The ones I and 91Accord-Lx did were 262's.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Keep in mind that Delta tells you to do cams tighter than stock clearances to give more slightly more valve lift, making their numbers look better than they are. However I look at it from standpoint of that being more valvetrain wear, so I stick with stock-like specs or more exact, what Bisimoto recommends on his cams .009 INT/.011" EXH. After all, we're dealing with the same core cam here, it's a regrind.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

all better went with IN.20 EX.25. everything is turning.
        now i got to wait two freaking weeks for the tranny

Comment

for the h23 you need .003"-.004" intake and .006"-.007" exhaust. thats where my 272's are set. today I noticed that delta's rocker arm ratio specs were 1.65, cower says that it 1.85, and I think ive seen that it is 1.85 somewhere else, so That would mean that the h23 272 cam has .459" lift at .000" lash. They qutoed me something like a 410 lift on the phone. also today i measured the stock f22b dohc cam today and it has .416" lift at .000" lash.
          Last edited by dbsharp; 03-28-2008, 02:32 AM.
          spin city

Comment

i called delta and was told IN.008 EX.010

Comment

the specks i posted are straight from Honda's prelude manual
              spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                the specks i posted are straight from Honda's prelude manual
                are you talking about stock cam spec. or the specs's for a delta 272 cam?

Comment

Working...
                X