Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2point6's final dyno...for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2point6's final dyno...for now

This is the engine from my accord dropped in the Civic. I have almost 70K miles on it.

Only changes as of this dyno were: hondata S300 instead of Neptune, Skunk Pro 1 cams instead of Webs, Skunk springs and retainers instead of webs. All other thing stayed the same.

During this tuning session, we killed the altenator and power started to drop. you can see that power was continuing to rise, but we stopped spinning it as high.

Here is a repost of the build-up.

Engine Block: '93 H22a "bored and stroked" to 2.44ltrs of displacement built by Collective Racing. Custom 98mm Crank, Darton sleeves, Crower Pro-billet rods, 12/1 compression 89mm JE pistons, Prodrive oil pump, ATR crank pulley, manual timing belt tensioner conversion, ARP main studs.
    Cylinder head: Vance and Hines portwork, Skunk2 Pro 1 camshafts, Skunk2 springs and titainium retainers, 2000 Prelude LMAs, 50mm TWM ITBs, RC engineering 440cc Fuel injectors, STR cam seal, Skunk2 cam gears, RMF 4-1 header, ARP head studs, Cometic head gasket.
    Misc: NGK wires, Hondata S300 engine management

Unfortunately, at the track, the engine let go, putting and end to this engine. After teardown, we found foriegn depris had held a valve open and caused it to "Kick the bucket"

It actally still ran, but cylinder 3 was in bad shape. The piston held up though... with a large dent in it, but it held together strangely enough.

The head has been 100% repaired at the expense of minor welding and 4 valves.
    The block will also be repaired, but will be fully rebuilt and put back in my Accord.
    A new block is being built for the Civic and should make even more power with some of the changes to follow.

New changes will be to Skunk2 pro 2 cams. We are hoping for over 280 whp with 12/1 compression on 91 octane, knife edged crank, lighter rods and pistons. We will see soon. =)

nice man. when i think of fast, i always think of your car. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

See what happens when you put the engine in the civic... civics are no bueno.

280whp NA... there arent really words that can say anything

Get some pics.

Comment

are you in the 10's yet? damn thing gets better every year
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

damn. 250 whp n/a was just fanfuckingtastic.

280 is not bad either
          ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
            nice man. when i think of fast, i always think of your car. later.
            x2

Comment

How do you like the S300 vs Neptune?

I was considering Neptune, but since you have more experience with it than anyone I know, and you switched, now I am wondering.

Awesome #'s as always.

Sorry to hear that it let go, although all things considered, I guess it was VERY stout.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Wow.

If i ever hit the lotto, come into a big lump of cash, or rob a bank...im flying my cb out to you!!

Impressive to say the least....a lot of time and effort put in and it shows.

Sucks the engine took a dump but it doesnt sound as bad as you would think. Keep us updated meng!

Comment

Holy crap, Scott... I was impressed with 248whp!

It's sad to hear that the engine finally bit it, but it's stil a testament to the quality of the work put into it! That was a long run!

I'm glad to hear you're rebuilding... and not quitting on the Accord! I was afraid that you'd move on to a K series... which wouldn't be bad, but I like the H22!

Comment

Does the 12:1 compression require 100+ octane, or will this motor run on pump 93 octane?

Because that power is crazy, and I was wondering if it was streetable. Of course, it probably has gas mileage figures around 10mpg.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                      Does the 12:1 compression require 100+ octane, or will this motor run on pump 93 octane?

Because that power is crazy, and I was wondering if it was streetable. Of course, it probably has gas mileage figures around 10mpg.

I think it runs on pump gas, but I can't say for sure. Scott can though.

I know that it is streetable, because I followed WAAAAAY behind him on the very first AZ Accord meet.

He drove around all day in 110 degree heat with no issues.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

pump gas and DD as i remember
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Back in the days of 248whp, I asked Scott about his gas mileage... If I recall correctly, he said something about 28mpg or so in the Accord. He definitely drove the Accord daily. I'm sure the gas mileage decreased a bit for that extra 24whp... but I have a feeling it still wasn't unbearable.

Comment

Hell, I'd drive it around if it got 8 miles to the gallon.

Does this mean we're all gonna be drooling over HondaFan's build now instead?Whenever he get's done. Back to the Accord's roots in the F-series!

I wish Bisi would post, well anything, on what he does.
                            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Well, I think he's shooting for 250whp NA with the F22A... Sounds pretty crazy to me, but time will tell! I'm sure it won't be nearly as drivable, though...

The day I modify my car to be a track queen is the day I give up on tuning altogether. To me, there's no point taking a perfectly good street car and turning it into a dedicated race car (well, drag, anyway... until the road courses open around here, drag is all I have access to). If I want a drag race car, I'll buy one of those needlenose dragsters! Now when the road courses open near me (Englishtown and Millville) I may change my tune

Comment

Working...
                              X