Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22b DOHC vs F22a1 SOHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b DOHC vs F22a1 SOHC

OK, not sure if this is in the right forum but it does have something to do with performance. Tell me if this sounds right to you. Me and a friend raced each other last week. I have a f22b dohc with K&N filter on stock pipe and a tanabe cat back exhaust, thats it. We just did a manual swap to his DX with f22a1 and upgraded with intake, lightweight flywheel, and full exhaust from headers back. Now Im thinking I would leave him by far but that wasnt the case at all. I was only pulling away from him slowly. By 3rd gear I wasnt even a car length in front of him. Does that soundright to anyone or does it sound like my dohc isnt running 100%. Feels strong though, and I know the DX might be a little lighter but that was unexpected. I raced a 96 sohc vtec and had the same results and this thing had cam gears, full exhaust, intake, MSD. Is is the lightness of the DX or what??
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

yea that doesnt sound right to me when i had my dohc f22b in my last cb i could pull away from my bro's 94 DX cd he has intake, header back exhaust and the f22b1 has a little more power then the f22a1 not much but a tad more and i seens to leave him fairly easliy

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

hey.
      cam gears and msd don't really create power as much as give it to you in a different area, unless highly modified.
      and yes this whole scene does make since.
      when i had my sohc f22 i also had dc headers greddy evo 2 exhaust light flywheel stage 3 clutch h23 intake, and cai.

i beat so many other accords it wasn't even funny..
      the 95 civics with vtec i would pull a car length by the time we hit 80mph.

i think the weight issue has alot to do with it..
      you might also save up for a header, it's amazing how much that helps the top end breathe
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

my friend has a DOHC f22b in his 91 ex and he beat a 92-93 lx sedan last night by a good amount. (this was after my friend stayed in 3rd gear while doing 40 and still catching up and passing the guy out). it's pretty much a stock motor with stock exhaust. all he has is an intake, header, 8lb flywheel, stage 1 clutch. i think the other guy had intake/exhaust and i know for a fact it was a manual.

a kid in my neigborhood has a bone stock, auto. 5th gen and he beats that by alot.

Comment

well a lighter fly wheel is going to make a big diffrence any way and if your f22b is pritty much sticki could see how he beat you or did you win i forgot already

Comment

Originally posted by arthaccord
            well a lighter fly wheel is going to make a big diffrence any way and if your f22b is pritty much sticki could see how he beat you or did you win i forgot already
            yea itll make a big differance in how fast the enigne revs thats about it plus i think they have about the same mods so its a 160hp 156tq vs 125hp 137tq plus identical mods

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
              yea itll make a big differance in how fast the enigne revs thats about it plus i think they have about the same mods so its a 160hp 156tq vs 125hp 137tq plus identical mods
              those engins arent gonna have that much hp they are 17years old unless they are like mint low miles theres no way they both kept up the hp like that they both probibly have around 100-110 but yeah i see what your saying

Comment

These motors maintain good HP for a long time unless they're built up with sludge and carbon build up in the combustion chamber. Anyway, By the end of second gear I had him by a driver side door.or half a car. He denies and said it was a tie, i mean its close to a tie but not exactly. The only mods he has over me is headers and flywheel. I know I would smoke him on the highway but if this dohc cant smoke a dx with those mods then something muss be wrong. We'll run again tonight and I'll film it this time.
                FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                Pm meX
                I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                H22A Swap
                I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

what ecu are you using? and can u drive pretty good?

Comment

id make sure the f22b was operating at top notch.

my f22a4 with 211k miles was pulling from my friend's camry v6, those have 210 torque! the engine though was cherry though.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i am thinkin a lil credit is needed for the f22 sohc. all it needs is to breathe..
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

the flywheel has alot to do with this.. rememeber that the engine can gain its rpms faster if there is less mass to turn.

Originally posted by Devergote
                        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords
                          the flywheel has alot to do with this.. rememeber that the engine can gain its rpms faster if there is less mass to turn.
                          yes you will get higher rpm's faster...
                          but you will loose force.. meaning you will have to rev higher just to launch at the same speed rate you would with a stock flywheel.

in "motor work work shop book, Honda and Acura performance handbook".
                          Chad Anderson specifically says this.
                          "A lightened flywheel will significantly reduce your engines ability to accelerate."
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                            yes you will get higher rpm's faster...
                            but you will loose force.. meaning you will have to rev higher just to launch at the same speed rate you would with a stock flywheel.

in "motor work work shop book, Honda and Acura performance handbook".
                            Chad Anderson specifically says this.
                            "A lightened flywheel will significantly reduce your engines ability to accelerate."

the only thing i could say is give some runs in the 1/4 to prove that.. because it just don't seem right.. because that just don't seem right IMO. I don't really read books.. just go by how they perform on the streets or at the track..

Originally posted by Devergote
                            A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

hey.
                              cam gears and msd don't really create power as much as give it to you in a different area, unless highly modified.
                              and yes this whole scene does make since.
                              when i had my sohc f22 i also had dc headers greddy evo 2 exhaust light flywheel stage 3 clutch h23 intake, and cai.

i beat so many other accords it wasn't even funny..
                              the 95 civics with vtec i would pull a car length by the time we hit 80mph.

i think the weight issue has alot to do with it..
                              you might also save up for a header, it's amazing how much that helps the top end breathe
                              I cant wait to a get a h23 mani, 272 cam, and proper ecu, Last weekend or so, we put a 11.5 fly wheel on with f1 stage 1 clutch, runs pretty good, despite my tranny is from 1990

i am thinkin a lil credit is needed for the f22 sohc. all it needs is to breathe..
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X