Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

dumbass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dumbass

i know this is dumb but,.................how do u use nitrous.. Im not sure on how to use it. when do u use it at wot on every gear, do u only use it on a certain gear??? i dont have nos but am very curious as how to operate it..

My Ride

Well every kit is different, but Zex is the simplest and safest kit you can buy. it goes inline with your tps sensor(throttle positioning sensor) and it only activates when your at wot(wide open throttle) meaning when you have the pedal to the floor. and the second you let off if stops spraying.

some people say not to use it in first gear, but there just pussys hehe. i spray with the 100hp shot. and when i launch i just wait till i get traction then i activate it. 2nd gear i usually get 2 full tire rotations of spinning and then it keeps going the whole length of the track. or if you were on the street it's just when you let off of the throttle it will de-activate.

the 50hp shot is a joke!!! when i first tried it i was expecting something like fast and the furious, but it was more or less nothing lol. 75shot is a pretty decent pull, but the 100 shot is intense.

Zex is easy as hell to install and very inexpensive. if you want to go fast for cheap, buy zex. i can install the whole wet kit in an hour and a half and you can usually buy a used kit for between 250- 400 dollars. and it usually only cost around 40 dollars to fill the bottle. they say with the 50 shot your good for about 3 minutes of continous spray. i have so much more info about nitrous if you have any more questions, just ask.

247.2whp JDM H22A w/75shot and few other bolt ons lol
    281.6whp w/100hp wet shot and 110 octane race fuel

Comment

no2

what kind of nitrous system r u running and what about fuel managment? 1/4 mile times?
      h22a with zex- 13.8

Comment

i run the zex wet kit with 100hp jets. and usually use a heat gun to get my bottle pressure up to no less than 1000psi at the track. for fuel managment i run an aem fpr/walbro 255 f pump/dsm 440cc injectors/ apexi vafcII. i also have a full ignition system to support the rest, and full exhaust blah blah you know the rest.

my best pass in the 1/4 mile with a jdm h22a and manual h22a tranny with bolt ons running 100hp wet shot on 110 octane w/ 6 1/2lb slicks and rear half of car gutted was 13.17 @ 109mph. w/ no timing retard(loss of power when you retard your timing) so you do the math... i just need to get my launch down a little better and i should hit some high 12 sec marks.

Comment

the zex kit is a popular choice for many people, this guy seems to have a good setup.. too bad he didn't go for boost instead.

whatever you do, just don't do dry shots of nitrous, that's just plain asking for a blown motor.. sure you bolt it on and shoot it in and your motor all of a sudden feels like it's going mad fast... yeah well that's cause you are leaning the hell out of it and all that extra heat is just going to burn it up.

Comment

Originally posted by quadnie
            the zex kit is a popular choice for many people, this guy seems to have a good setup.. too bad he didn't go for boost instead.

actually i had a full rev hard kit sitting in my garage ready to go in. but i crashed up my car one night driving stupid. had to replace the hood/fenders/bumper/headlights and i also got the whole car repainted/rust fixed/dents fixed/antenna shaved. but i had to sell the turbo kit to pay for the repairs i still had the bottle lying around in my garage so i threw that back in. build and boost next year.

Comment

you can cheaply turbo your can dude, it's right within your grasp for far less then what you paid for your rev hard kit.

Look into it man.. check out my sig

Comment

well speaking from experience, i've been running my nitrous setup on a daily basis, just ask blamethebunx. i've probably gone through about 2g's worth of the evil juice (not a word of a lie). trust me it's a waste of money, if you want speed don't go with nitrous....i'm a little bit speed happy so it's not really cost effective although the ladies do LOVE the purge out the fender-wells.

honestly just build up a dsm turbo kit for 1500-2g's and i promise you won't be dissapointed.

just so ya know i've been running a 75shot using the zex dry kit for about 4 months on a 180,xxxkm stock engine with basic bolt ons (intake, header, strait back exhaust, ignition)

i ran a 15.4@89mph at the track with full interior and after a few more upgrades and a gutted interior i hope to see some 14's this comming saturday. i'll keep everyone posted.

oh, and just so ya know, my n/a time was 17.6@69mph so it does make quite a difference.

i dunno about you 5spd guys but i have it armed and floored right off the line until i hit the gate.

Juiced member....
                05' will be the year of the accord.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's kinda rare to hear, suprised you haven't rosted your stock block yet

Comment

I just want to throw in some input here since I got my nitrous going within the past month. It definitely isn't a waste of money. I'm looking at low 13's maybe even high 12's on a good launch. I have a 5 spd, and a lot, a lot more done than you do though. Still with my slicks launching on the nitrous is awesome.

Comment

those times are gonna be pretty damn hard to get with a f series, unless your spraying like a 150 shot.

my best pass in the 1/4 mile with a jdm h22a and manual h22a tranny with bolt ons running 100hp wet shot on 110 octane w/ 6 1/2lb slicks and rear half of car gutted was 13.17 @ 109mph. w/ no timing retard(loss of power when you retard your timing) so you do the math... i just need to get my launch down a little better and i should hit some high 12 sec marks.

Comment

They'll be hard to get, but I'm a good driver so I know I can do it. I'm not sure what kind of kit you use, but mine rates the jets in whp not to the crank. Just looking at your dyno numbers it seems that yours is rated at the engine. With the trap speeds you have you should be well into the 12's. I've seen plenty of cars hit 12's with lower trap speeds than what you have. You probably just need to practice some more. I also have a lot of weight reduction on my car. I've probably gotten it 100-200 pounds lighter than stock right now. I'm sure you make little bit more horsepower than I do, but I probably make more torque than you do. Since I have slicks, that will get me one hell of a launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                          They'll be hard to get, but I'm a good driver so I know I can do it. I'm not sure what kind of kit you use, but mine rates the jets in whp not to the crank. Just looking at your dyno numbers it seems that yours is rated at the engine. With the trap speeds you have you should be well into the 12's. I've seen plenty of cars hit 12's with lower trap speeds than what you have. You probably just need to practice some more. I also have a lot of weight reduction on my car. I've probably gotten it 100-200 pounds lighter than stock right now. I'm sure you make little bit more horsepower than I do, but I probably make more torque than you do. Since I have slicks, that will get me one hell of a launch.
                          12's are not easy to hit.

Good times 93Juicedacclude. What kinda tires and 60 ft. times was u hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud
                            12's are not easy to hit.

Good times 93Juicedacclude. What kinda tires and 60 ft. times was u hitting.
                            Well that is what the first line of my post says....

Comment

Originally posted by quadnie
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's kinda rare to hear, suprised you haven't rosted your stock block yet
                              how many guys do you know of that have blown an f22a engine on a 75shot?

if you keep it in good condition, it'll be fine. hell, mine's had a tick since the day i bought it at 125k, now i'm at 200k and still going

Juiced member....
                              05' will be the year of the accord.

Comment

Working...
                              X