Ingalls balljoint camber kit hitting frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keycb7 View Post
    Same on mine! I got same problem with ingals adjustable ball joints, they hit really hard on inner fender when i hit pot holes and bumps.

i found this on ebay that might solve some of that, I wonder how big are they. If you drill hole and mount this from inside and nut from engine bay.
    so what you think?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW
    I understand what you are trying to do, but it wont stop the banging problem, just impair it. We want the control arm to NOT bang at all. I'm looking back into my old anchor kit. I may just get some regular ball joints. My shit is too low for it...unless someone finds a solution.

This freakin sucks.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

control stiffer springs, stiffer shocks, raise up, maybe bigger bump stopers on your shocks rod.
      The problem is that suspention your running is too soft and it's easy to bottom out when you hit pothole, just like mine and something needs stop from bottoming out.

I'm sure you can bang out that area where it hits and grind some of your control arm for more travel and then make that custom bump stoper that i suggested above, would that be controling

there is another tread about this one search for more info.

Comment

control stiffer springs, stiffer shocks, raise up, maybe bigger bump stopers on your shocks rod.
        lol the car is going to feel like you're riding a bike with no seat.

Comment

beat the shit out of the inner fender or grind it down

Comment

I have the low profile SPC balljoints and I do have some very minor contact.

I am not lowered as much as some of you guys.

Currently, I am at -.5* of camber on each side, and there is slight contact. At -3* on each side, there was NO contact, so there is a magic point somewhere where you will hit the bumpstop first. It is probably around -1*- -2*.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

seller respound for size question:Its round,
              I inch all a way a round, Yes has nut on tread on back
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Comment

The problem is that suspention your running is too soft and it's easy to bottom out when you hit pothole, just like mine and something needs stop from bottoming out.

I'm sure you can bang out that area where it hits and grind some of your control arm for more travel and then make that custom bump stoper that i suggested above, would that be controling

there is another tread about this one search for more info.
                I'm running on Apexi WS coilver kits that are supposedly good for the track. NO they arent that soft. Anyway, I think ima buy a torch and hammer the frame up a lil. See how that works. Its actually double layered so I should be able to hammer it up a lil. The torch will allow me to hammer easier.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Cars on stands for over a month. It's my official project now.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Well as I stated, I said I would keep everyone posted. Well so far I hammered the upper fender well frame up a lil.

I will let you folks know the results in a few days. Kurobei currently has my battery. I promised myself that I wouldnt drive the car until all was done however I need to push it out since my parents plan on buying a CR-V

It doesnt seem like the hammering did much, but I bet it DID make a difference.

Again, will keep you folks posted.

93 'til infinity

Comment

nicee! keep us posted.

Comment

im getting my ball joints put on tomorrow, im not exactly slammed so hopefully i dont have this problem

My Members Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

i just finally put my car on wheels and to me i dont think i have a problem. i checked today and its no where near touching. i doubt ill run into problems. ill get pics tomorrow to show how much room i have

Comment

Right on peeps. So far so good. I may need a little more malet mashing, but for sure this is a step forward.

More posts tomorrow.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Just gotta deal w/it baby, get your toe set to zero...

I am gonna try an anchor bolt kit and have the camber reduced to like -1.0-1.5, if you're lowered there's no need to get it all the way back to zero

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

After torching and hammering, I ended up cutting a portion of the frame out (cleanly).

Will post pics soon. It actually doesnt look bad. I can always weld and bondo if I dont like it.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                                Just gotta deal w/it baby, get your toe set to zero...

I am gonna try an anchor bolt kit and have the camber reduced to like -1.0-1.5, if you're lowered there's no need to get it all the way back to zero
                                Toe has nothing to do with this problem.
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X