Lower Control Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower Control Arm

I replaced my lower control arms and afterwards my ride height was almost an inch higher than it was before. I didnt expect that when I was changing it but I understood why. These are new stronger bushings that allow for less slack when tightened up. So What I didn was tighten up the lower control arm bolt to the chassis up last while the car was still jacked up. My question is, is there a correct point into which the lower control arm must be bolted to the chassis. By the way I just ended up lowering the Tein springs to the lowest point and now its lower that before which is fine.
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

you want to tighten the arm at ride height, otherwise you are putting additional torsional stress on the bushing.
    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
    newer race video,older race videos
    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      you want to tighten the arm at ride height, otherwise you are putting additional torsional stress on the bushing.
      So, what your saying is, drop the car off the jack so that the weight of the car is supported on the suspension either by dropping the car on the wheels or supporting the car on the lower control arm AND THEN tighten the lower control arm to the chassis???? Forgive the run on sentence, thanx man
      Pm meX

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

that is correct, otherwise the bushing in the arm is acting like a spring. You want the spring to do its own job, and the bushing will last much longer if its not always twisted.
        1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
        newer race video,older race videos
        1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
        1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

^Karl def. knows his stuff, "setting" the bushings will def. pay off in the end w/ both longevity and performance. It was really about 1" higher though?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            that is correct, otherwise the bushing in the arm is acting like a spring. You want the spring to do its own job, and the bushing will last much longer if its not always twisted.
            Thanx Karl, I didnt even think much about it until I saw how much higher the car was, not even realizing how much i was stressing the bushing.

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
            ^Karl def. knows his stuff, "setting" the bushings will def. pay off in the end w/ both longevity and performance. It was really about 1" higher though?
            Yeh it was that high, I had the tein rings set on FIVE from the bottom for at least the past 4 years and Im guessing those stock bushings were probably worn out and thats why it sat low at level 5.

Heres the funny shit now, its lowered itself in a days time after I installed the lower control arms so I dont know if the bushings turned themselves slowly as weight forced up and down on it or what. But to be safe I will reset everything like you guys said I should do it. Thanx, chill
            Pm meX

MY WHIP
            H22A Swap
            I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

didnt think about this, gonna check all the accords that ive done control arm work too
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X