got some ground controls but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got some ground controls but..

so i have been looking for ground controls for a while now.. and i found them.. so i bought them.. they are for a civic but i will be putting them on my brand new tokico illuminas.. i kno the sleeves will be too short so i will be adding an extension on the bottom like my dad did back in 2004 when we installed skunks on my first cb.. but anyways my question is..

will the spring rates of 330/250 go good with the accord..?

i bought the ground controls with tokico blues for a DIRT CHEAP price i mean cheap pretty much free.. and yes they are real they say ground control on the sleeve and the springs say eibach and have the spring rate numbers thing..

so these would be better than having off brand ebay coilovers right? even tho they are for civic and have 330/250 rates.. thanks

im running ebays so im guessing/hoping these will b better..
    MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
    1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
    1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

330/220 is kind of soft, but if you want comfort, then they should be good for you.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

well i actually wanted atleast a little stiff.. i actually in the future want 14kfront 12krear.. but anyway what if i got skunk coilovers just the springs from a civic since i heard they have a higher spring rate like 4xx/3xx and use my grounc control sleeve perches
      MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

but i will be usnin brand new tokico illumina 5way adjustables and i will be driving on 5 all day long which will be the stiffest settinc wont that make my setup stiff
        MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

anyone have suggestions/answers?
          MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

H&R Race are somewhere around 400-500 I think.
            wat?

Comment

Race are 485F & 305R. So comparing to the GC's he has , the GC's are soft.
              Set the shocks to max stiff and see how it performs.

AGX on max + Neuspeed Race are not stiff enough for me.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i dont wanna go with springs lol.. i want good quality coilover sleeves like skunks gc's or omni sleeves.. but ill let u all kno how they perform
                MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

yea thats kinda soft. you might be better off buying custom springs however it's going to be another 200 dollars.

the illuminas arent really good for stiff spring rates plus they arent rebuildable like the koni yellows.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

what would be a good spring rate? buy springs for another 200 naw lol.. i like the illuminas and i pretty much got the illuminas for all 4 for free so yeah
                    MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

probably 400/350 i like my rears a little bit more stiff for rotation at lower speeds. i dont really fuck with high speed stuff, that will get you killed. Im going to be running stock accord GC's with koni yellows on my auto-x car so we'll see how that feels.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

kool what u mean by high speed stuff? let me kno how the konis with gc's ride
                        MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

ok so i might be picking up some coilover springs for tein coilovers they are just the springs and are brand new and i will be pairing them up with my gc sleeves and tokico illuminas.. the springs are 10k/16k but can i put the 16k's in the front? the guy said they are for the rears.. how stiff will 16k and 10k be..? what are they in lbs in?
                          MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

meh, i was just talking in terms of racing. for track you dont want higher spring rates in the rear because the rear end will come out on you and will be harder to save.

For auto-x purposed with tight corners, you want rotation so having the rear end come out is actually a good thing.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7xTURBO View Post
                              ok so i might be picking up some coilover springs for tein coilovers they are just the springs and are brand new and i will be pairing them up with my gc sleeves and tokico illuminas.. the springs are 10k/16k but can i put the 16k's in the front? the guy said they are for the rears.. how stiff will 16k and 10k be..? what are they in lbs in?
                              You'll blow your tokico's

really fast
                              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X