D2 Coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBkid93 View Post
    oh yeah bro u should get em if u have the money i love mines to death the still feel brand new with about 10k on em driving daily on f"ed up cail streets there nice and firm for me
    hehe Fl roads aren't that bad..nothing compared to when i lived in NY..Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
    I just ordered F/F type 2 .. 899 with shipping .. ouuch! But yeah ..
    Yes those are one of my options...when do you get yours in?

Originally posted by dannyd View Post
    Lito, whatever you get, make sure you get warranty..... I heard that D2's are pretty good, but TEIN Basic is also the shit..... my friend sin2K5 has them, and man the ride feels so nice, not to stiff, not too soft.... just perfect.

IMHO, TEIN is the best brand out there for aftermarket suspension, and I think that for a daily driving is more than enough, but thats just me..

Unless you gonna be racing or auto-X I understand why you would need Dampening adjustment, otherwise a basic set up works just fine like the F&F type I.

thats my O2 cents.
    Thanks Danny for the feedback!!Deev mentioned the basics.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I read a review that went into detail on the best dampers on the market... Bilstein and Koni were the only ones that ranked anywhere (and Koni was the "budget brand" of the bunch). Bilstein ranked fairly high. Tein didn't even make it to the list.

Not that Tein products are bad, but I'd venture to say that Koni and Bilstein make better dampers for our cars. Yet another reason why I prefer a properly matched spring/shock combo over a full coilover system.

However, I'd probably pick the Tein Basic coilovers over any other coilover for a street car. It's one of the few setups that's truly made with street driving in mind. The rest are VERY "race oriented", with aggressive valving and very stiff spring rates. They CAN be driven on the street... but if you're not going to be racing your car on a track, where these things will be of most use, what's the point? Get something that will give you comfortable, predictable handling on everyday roads.
    Yes, i've been reading up on these just to get a good amount of reviews..there the priciest of the bunch..but can't put a pricetag on a life they say!Thanks Deev!

Lou's Build Thread!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
    "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

I have D2's and love them.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

love my f&f type 1's, drive on them daily for 2 years now and have nothing bad to say about them. cheaper than d2's also!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I read a review that went into detail on the best dampers on the market... Bilstein and Koni were the only ones that ranked anywhere (and Koni was the "budget brand" of the bunch). Bilstein ranked fairly high. Tein didn't even make it to the list.

Not that Tein products are bad, but I'd venture to say that Koni and Bilstein make better dampers for our cars. Yet another reason why I prefer a properly matched spring/shock combo over a full coilover system.

However, I'd probably pick the Tein Basic coilovers over any other coilover for a street car. It's one of the few setups that's truly made with street driving in mind. The rest are VERY "race oriented", with aggressive valving and very stiff spring rates. They CAN be driven on the street... but if you're not going to be racing your car on a track, where these things will be of most use, what's the point? Get something that will give you comfortable, predictable handling on everyday roads.
          Link to said review? I'm curious to see what they have to say.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

im on koni yellows and tein s springs and i must say after 4 years on the teins no sagging but the konis have been replaced in the front3 times on warranty and the rears twice from leaking and the roads where i live are not that bad. if you hit one speed bump a little too fast (12mph) bam, might as well plan on spending the weekend replacing them. this last time i replaced them with monroe sensatracs and holy crap this thing is like riding in a mix between a caddy and a vette. it rides smooth but it doesnt float. my springs are 250lb/in in the front and 160lb/in in the rear. i've rode in a cd with d2's ive rode in my car with the konis, i've rode in another cd with h&r's with bilsteins. im telling you the d2's rode a little on the stiff side but were tolerable for daily use if you dont drive in the city alot but my ass got sore after about 1hr in the car. my setup rode like garbage on the konis. the h&r/bilstein rodes great but handled like shit. d2's can be good but why would you want to pay extra money for a softer spring on top of the price for them. what ever you but just get it with a spring rate in the 6-7kg/mm on the front and 5-6kg/mm for the rear or 337-393lb/in front,281-337lb/in in the rear. that i've found is a stiff enough ride without sacrificing daily drivability.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

hey i don't like makin threads and not following up but i ended up going with the d2! i love how they are and a lot of ppl complain tere to "stiff" but i think there just right and the fact that you can adjust them is pretty good so you can have them to your liking! Thanks for the insight though..hopefully if anyone is interested atleast we have a certain brand covered..

Lou's Build Thread!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
              "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Originally posted by PRLiTo9MM View Post
                hey i don't like makin threads and not following up but i ended up going with the d2! i love how they are and a lot of ppl complain tere to "stiff" but i think there just right and the fact that you can adjust them is pretty good so you can have them to your liking! Thanks for the insight though..hopefully if anyone is interested atleast we have a certain brand covered..
                See told you man, not that bad of a ride

Enjoy them
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
                X