alignment at Firestone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alignment at Firestone.

I called Firestone earlier today to ask if they could an alignment to my cb and they said it was no problem. But they needed the alignment specs of my aftermarket suspension, I have Megan Racing sleeves on koni struts do they just want the spring rate or what?
    if anyone thats done there alignment at Firestone can help me out I'd appreciate i,. thanks.

why dont you ask firestone what they want exactly?

or just tell them what you want exactly. i've never heard heard such a thing.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I have the lifetime Firestone alignment deal....all I do is tell them what to set the front and rear camber to (-0.9 & -0.2) and they put every other spec to stock settings as they should be.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

i just went and got my alignment done and they asked me the same thing. i have neuspeed sports with koni str'ts so all i did was called neuspeed and they told me for best tire wear to just set it to stock specs.

Comment

Go in and tell them to set it to stock. If they can't figure that out then you're best bet is to take your vehicle elsewhere.

That said, the lifetime alignment deal (which stays with the car, not the Firestone location) is epic.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
            Go in and tell them to set it to stock. If they can't figure that out then you're best bet is to take your vehicle elsewhere.

That said, the lifetime alignment deal (which stays with the car, not the Firestone location) is epic.
            Yes! I went and had them do mine, and I was quite surprised myself.
            The guy let me come in the shop and watch the monitor. He showed me under the fenders
            just what he was doing. I love the fact that he allowed me to "wander" ..
            He never asked me about specs on anything. I just had new upper control arms installed
            along with the ingalls camber kit, and she needed to be alingned baaad ..

I've always kind of looked down on Firestone as being inferior ... not anymore!
            They've never done anything else for me, except alingnment .. and when I left .. I never needed to go back.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

people

I too have the lifetime alignment from firestone and have used it many times. The last time I any.was after my suspension install and I specifically told them no positive camper. The girl at the desk smiled at me and said ok so you want the camper to be positive.

The guy standing next to her grabbed the sheet from her and asked me specifically what I wanted my camper at and asked if I tracked the car. After a short discussion he asked if I wanted toe set to anything specific as well. The girl just sort of pouted the whole time.

Find a good person there and they seem to take Carr of you.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

ok so stock just ask for stock settings
                thanks guys

Comment

We got the life time alignment from Firestone for my car back in 92 or so. Feels good to rip off places like this.

Anyways, I've had problems depending on which store I went to. One said I was too low to get up there, whatever that means. And all the time as long as it falls in the green they're ok with it. They won't be precise. Hell, they probably even fake the numbers sometimes. I don't blame them when they know I'm not paying anymore.

And I have yet to find one that will put the specs to what I want. For example, I want more negative camber, I have camber kits at both ends, the last guy said they wouldn't adjust past stock specs of -1.0 otherwise it might eat my tires. Then I could come back and complain. What a dick.

I'm gonna try another store when I go in soon or maybe try to get to the actual tech and slip him some money to put it at exactly what I want.
                  Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                  -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                  MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                  X