Function Form Type 1 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Function Form Type 1 Question

Hey guys. Since I cant find the Koni SRT's anywhere I decided I am just going to go with the full coilover setup from Function Form. Specifically the Type 1. I just have a few questions... 1. Are they bouncy or stiff, and 2. Can I set these to just lower my car 2 inches or so, or do I have to slam it?

Thanks

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
    Hey guys. Since I cant find the Koni SRT's anywhere I decided I am just going to go with the full coilover setup from Function Form. Specifically the Type 1. I just have a few questions... 1. Are they bouncy or stiff, and 2. Can I set these to just lower my car 2 inches or so, or do I have to slam it?

Thanks
    They're stiff but not bouncy; very firm ride but it's not uncomfortable.

You can lower all you want you don't have to slam it. Just install it from how it comes to you and wait a week or so, so it can settle then after that if you want to go higher or lower you can do so.

Word of advice is to go pick up some anti-seize and put it on the threads before they go on the car because the locking collar usually seize up and are a bitch to get them unseized.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

i got mine last month there really good man great ride

Comment

they are liveable if u have smooth roads around where u live. but they are very firm. and on the lowering or slamming question. its common sense that if u go coilover u can fully adjust height and damping force.
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
          They're stiff but not bouncy; very firm ride but it's not uncomfortable.

You can lower all you want you don't have to slam it. Just install it from how it comes to you and wait a week or so, so it can settle then after that if you want to go higher or lower you can do so.

Word of advice is to go pick up some anti-seize and put it on the threads before they go on the car because the locking collar usually seize up and are a bitch to get them unseized.
          Thanks for the info. I am looking for a stiff ride, so thats perfect for me.

Comment

Thanks
            koni STR.T
            http://import.neuspeed.com/174/2/0/0...n-chassis.html
            http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...2&autoModClar=

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Called Neuspeed, and they are backordered. Tire rack is backordered (look on the page) Shox.com is backordered, and the ebay auction I won, the guy didnt have them. They are almost impossible to find now.

Comment

Called Neuspeed, and they are backordered. Tire rack is backordered (look on the page) Shox.com is backordered, and the ebay auction I won, the guy didnt have them. They are almost impossible to find now.
                weird. I got mine about 10 months ago, guess i got em before they ran out.

If you end up going with these coilovers i highly doubt you'll be disappointed. check the classifieds too. They might pop up, unless you are needing a new set up right now. My STR.Ts will be up for sale shortly. I really like them, just looking for more of a drop and more adjustability.

Click picture to see my mrt
                Instagram: sikz6

Comment

I didn't like my Koni STR.T's at all.....it doesn't like being too low.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                  2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

That sucks, my gf was looking into the Koni's for her coupe.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by sikz6 View Post
                      weird. I got mine about 10 months ago, guess i got em before they ran out.

If you end up going with these coilovers i highly doubt you'll be disappointed. check the classifieds too. They might pop up, unless you are needing a new set up right now. My STR.Ts will be up for sale shortly. I really like them, just looking for more of a drop and more adjustability.
                      Yeah i am looking for a 2 to 2 1/2 Inch drop, and I heard the koni's you could only do about 2" with them with the neuspeed race springs. I was going to get the koni's but the whole setup for the shocks and the neuspeed springs was around $450, and I can get the ff type 1's for $600.. so for only $150 more it just makes more sense.

Comment

Yeah i am looking for a 2 to 2 1/2 Inch drop, and I heard the koni's you could only do about 2" with them with the neuspeed race springs. I was going to get the koni's but the whole setup for the shocks and the neuspeed springs was around $450, and I can get the ff type 1's for $600.. so for only $150 more it just makes more sense.
                        as a person with both f&f type 1's and koni yellows the dampening quality of yellows blows the f&f out of the water.
                        the whole package that the type 1's bring is very good for the money though
                        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

you should look at koni yellow's above just about anything else, especially if you cant find str-t's. all 4 corners will cost you $488, plus about 200 for springs. that will be a MUCH better suspension setup than the shit that ksport pumps out. they also have a lifetime warranty and are rebuildable/re-valveable.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

They're okay.
                            I'm not saying they suck but I had better coilovers on before so its a big change for me.

You can slam it but the lower you go the bouncer it'll get since it has no damper adjust on the type one. At least its what I thought

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I got the last Koni fronts neuspeed had and since they were out of rears they gave me the last set of reds instock for around the strt price hell yeah........but sorry for getting the last set

Comment

Working...
                              X