camber kit..which one to get..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camber kit..which one to get..

So i finally got my H&R suspension in and put on some new rubber. It got me thinking..I REALLY dont want to replace my tires early due to camber wear. I know that SPC and Ingalls are very reputable comanies for our camber kits.
    For the front..I have noticed there are 2 different (not sure if there is more) camber kits, one for the upper control arm and one for the balljoint. I am unsure of which to get or if both are necessary. Any advice or suggestions? I am lowered approximately 2 inches.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

get the ingalls or SPC adjustable ball joint, no need for the anchor bolts

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
      get the ingalls or SPC adjustable ball joint, no need for the anchor bolts
      Any particular reason as to why the adjustable ball joint is better than the anchor bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
        Any particular reason as to why the adjustable ball joint is better than the anchor bolts?
        Its not. I'm not sure if dude was even implying that one was better than the other, its really just personal preference. They both accomplish the same thing.

Comment

DON'T BUY ANYTHING.....Yet.

You first need to see if the car needs a camber kit. Go and get it aligned. Find out how much your camber needs adjust(if at all) and order the appropriate kit for your needs, then go get it aligned again.

That's how its done, unless you want to buy tires again soon because of the wear, you'll eat that extra alignment cost and be much happier about it. Not only will it increase the longevity of your tires, it will increase their overall grip and make your car performed the way its supposed to.

Comment

I actually got my alignment done when I bought 2 tires and came with a free alignment. I did the rear washer trick and my rears are ok for the most part. Fronts are not too bad since its only a 2 in drop. I'll rotate my tires a bit more often and keep an eye out for any camber wear for now..

Comment

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
              I actually got my alignment done when I bought 2 tires and came with a free alignment. I did the rear washer trick and my rears are ok for the most part. Fronts are not too bad since its only a 2 in drop. I'll rotate my tires a bit more often and keep an eye out for any camber wear for now..
              You can't just "presume" they are ok. You should have it aligned for not just tire wear but better traction/safety.

There are places that have lifetime alignments.

Comment

When you pick one let me Know and I will see If it is some thing We can get at a whole sale cost.

Tripp

Peninsula Honda

The Race Car

Comment

camber kits are useless. tow and caster are what wear your tires. not camber.
                  frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I just put on my H&R cup kit too, lowest setting for the spring perch..no camber issues. save your money.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                      camber kits are useless. tow and caster are what wear your tires. not camber.
                      How are they useless? When you are out of spec to any degree and continue to run negative camber you are putting stress on the inside portion of the tires, stress that wouldn't normally be there. That WILL prematurely degrade your tires, sometimes not as much depending on the amount of negative camber but regardless you get less life out of your tires.

Not to mention you look like an asshole without a camber kit with your front wheels all butterflied out. Just on the cosmetic aspect is enough to get a camber kit. But regardless, camber does indeed cause tire wear, maybe not as much as tow and caster but it definitely does.

Comment

Ok let me chime in on this topic. First off let say that most of you are some what wrong. Camber doesnt wear tires, TOE does. Alot of tires dont have wear characteristics than others ( google NITTO NEO-GEN) seeing why tires wear faster.

You really dont know if the car is tweaked or not, so to make life easier get a camber kit, making adjustments and having everything perfect is the key.

For those that want to road race having a camber kit is perfect for adjustments. Say what you want but a camber kit is USEFUL.

SPC or INGALLS front ball joint is a good choice.

WICKED TUNING rear camber kit is a great choice.

MEGAN RACING rear lower toe arms are excellent. Get front and rear, ask excalibur02 how is toe adjustment went yesterday.

Comment

Camber does wear tires. HOWEVER, not AS bad as toe. The combination makes it worse.

Minor camber isnt going to kill tires. Most new factory cars run negitive 1 degree of camber anyways. But once you combine it with a incorrect toe setting, then its murder!
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                            First off let say that most of you are some what wrong. Camber doesnt wear tires, TOE does.
                            Lol whatever my dude. You call any alignment shop on the planet and ask them if prolonged negative camber causes premature tire wear and see what they tell you.

Hypothetically, you get two identical cars with identical tires and one has camber in spec and the other is out of spec and you drive them the exact 10k miles or so and you are telling me that they will have the same amount of wear? You are trippin.

Its kind of funny how I see on these car forums (not just this one but many others) and you got cats up on there arguing that negative camber doesn't cause tire wear, only toe does. Its also funny because the majority of them that make this arguement are the same cats with this bullshit hellaflush look lol. But regardless of who it is or why they are making the argument, logics alone should tell you the answer. Like I stated in my other post, when running negative camber you have stress applied to areas of the tire where stress was not designed to be applied. And when the car is in motion this obviously compounds the stress as the car is moving its degrading the inside portion of the tire, prematurely. You don't need anything but common sense to realize that.
                            Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                            Camber does wear tires. HOWEVER, not AS bad as toe. The combination makes it worse.
                            And thats right on point.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                              Lol whatever my dude. You call any alignment shop on the planet and ask them if prolonged negative camber causes premature tire wear and see what they tell you.

Hypothetically, you get two identical cars with identical tires and one has camber in spec and the other is out of spec and you drive them the exact 10k miles or so and you are telling me that they will have the same amount of wear? You are trippin.

Its kind of funny how I see on these car forums (not just this one but many others) and you got cats up on there arguing that negative camber doesn't cause tire wear, only toe does. Its also funny because the majority of them that make this arguement are the same cats with this bullshit hellaflush look lol. But regardless of who it is or why they are making the argument, logics alone should tell you the answer. Like I stated in my other post, when running negative camber you have stress applied to areas of the tire where stress was not designed to be applied. And when the car is in motion this obviously compounds the stress as the car is moving its degrading the inside portion of the tire, prematurely. You don't need anything but common sense to realize that.

And thats right on point.
                              My DUDE, lol. Well i work at a shop where i perform alot of alignments, and most of the vehicles come in with negative camber. Alot of cars have specs to correct the camber but toe will eat tires more. the whole hellaflush is horrible over done and tires like that wear like crazy. Negative camber is a good thing to a degree

SO lets say your car is hit on the right side, and you get your are aligned, hence accord dont have camber adjustment. The tech tells you i can only get your toe correct but the car might still pull left cause the camber it + 1deg on left side and -2.1 on right side.

SO what are you going to do then? Get a camber kit or rock out the way it is?

http://www.tunerzine.com/view_news/p...o-neo-gen-tire

Comment

Working...
                              X