camber kit..which one to get..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
    SO what are you going to do then? Get a camber kit or rock out the way it is?
    Lol, bro what are you talking about? All I'm saying is negative camber causes tire wear. To what degree, I wouldn't be able to answer that because it all depends on the situation but it does cause tire wear. You are right, toe and whatnot are the major culprits but negative camber (by itself or coupled with toe and/or caster) does in fact cause premature tire wear. Thats all I'm trying to say really.

Comment

Provided everything else in your suspension is set to spec, camber will not "prematurely" wear your tires, It will just unevenly wear it.
      wat?

Comment

OK we will use this car for an example (an extreme example but you get the point)... You drive this car all around town for about a year or so with it in this condition. Yes, without question the tires will wear unevenly for sure. And they will also wear more rapidly on the inner section of the tires, where all of the stress is being applied. That would be "premature" wear, meaning wearing out before its designed to wear out.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
          My DUDE, lol. Well i work at a shop where i perform alot of alignments, and most of the vehicles come in with negative camber. Alot of cars have specs to correct the camber but toe will eat tires more. the whole hellaflush is horrible over done and tires like that wear like crazy. Negative camber is a good thing to a degree

SO lets say your car is hit on the right side, and you get your are aligned, hence accord dont have camber adjustment. The tech tells you i can only get your toe correct but the car might still pull left cause the camber it + 1deg on left side and -2.1 on right side.

SO what are you going to do then? Get a camber kit or rock out the way it is?

http://www.tunerzine.com/view_news/p...o-neo-gen-tire
          THen you change the parts that are bent. You should know that if its bent, that it will never get into spec again. You will probably have more issues than camber, like caster
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
          X