No announcement yet.

brake upgrade help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried the Odyssey's calipers? I know the older ones have single piston and the newer ones have dual pistons.

Comment

i doubt anyone has tried the new odyssey dual pistions. the brackets use 19mm bolts. probably possible, but not without some mods

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
        And if you upsize rotors it costs alot to do it right.
        I disagree with this statement. It doesn't necessarily cost a lot, especially when you go with OEM parts. The cost comes in tuning the entire braking/suspension setup to perform optimally with the added parts. It cost me less than 400 bucks for my entire front "bbk." And replacement pads and rotors don't cost a left nut.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          I disagree with this statement. It doesn't necessarily cost a lot, especially when you go with OEM parts. The cost comes in tuning the entire braking/suspension setup to perform optimally with the added parts. It cost me less than 400 bucks for my entire front "bbk." And replacement pads and rotors don't cost a left nut.
          400 for fronts isn't much but if he goes to 5 lug like they have been talking about it gets expensive. Also even if he doesn't and his current rims are too small that still makes him have to buy an entire set of wheels.

Comment

Modifying cars is expensive. In my opinion, the OP hasn't demonstrated a need for requiring a brake upgrade at all so like you said earlier, do nothing.

I also think that the OP has chimed in just enough to show that he wants to be spoon-fed an easy answer so the fact that we're debating this is really just us talking to each other and not for the benefit of the OP. I tried to give him a lot of information up front so he could make his own decision and that's not what he's chosen to do.

For everyone else that wants to continue to debate big brake upgrades please do so in a different thread dedicated to that topic and not one that says "help" in it.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
            X