Suspension Popping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension Popping

I have a really bad popping noise coming from my driver side front and rear suspension. It has progressively become worse in a time frame of 3 months. I have replaced my upper control arms and balljoints, but had no effect on the noise. I am running D2 Coilvers, 17" Wheels with a 205/ 45/ 17" Tire, and I have a front camber kit. The noise is only on the driver side though. All suggestions are welcome, I just hate buying parts that I don't need. Thanks in advance.

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
    -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
    -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
    -BFGoodrich T/A Sports 215/40/17
    -JDM Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust
    -D2 Coilovers
    -JDM Headlights
    -Suspension Techniques Rear Swaybar
    -Axxis Metal Master Brake Pads
    -Recaro Seat

which balljoints ? and could be your swaybar linkage i know cuz mine went out and couldnt find out where coming from so i took to school put on lift and found it the bushings were all cracked letting the link move...

oh and btw nice car
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by bbhondacb793
      I have a really bad popping noise coming from my driver side front and rear suspension. It has progressively become worse in a time frame of 3 months. I have replaced my upper control arms and balljoints, but had no effect on the noise. I am running D2 Coilvers, 17" Wheels with a 205/ 45/ 17" Tire, and I have a front camber kit. The noise is only on the driver side though. All suggestions are welcome, I just hate buying parts that I don't need. Thanks in advance.
      "maybe" it's the strut mount bushing.
      JDM H23 VTEC PROJECT
      JDM H22/F22/H23/B18 PARTS FOR SALE
      91 Accord Sedan Ex Mulberry Pearl Red (GAVE IT AWAY) Turbo
      91 accord Ex wagon Green (SOLD)
      92 Accord Lx (SOLD)
      92 civic sedan Lx (SOLD)
      93 accord Ex wagon Frost White (parting out: SOLD)
      07 Fit SSS (Traded)
      07 FG2 Si Sedan (Traded)
      05 Honda Pilot EXL Pearl White
      97 Honda Odyssey LX W/Sunroof Pearl White[/B]

http://1facewatch.com/

Looking for a referral and planning on switching to Cricket Wireless

Comment

I had this problem too, only on the driver side front, what I did was.....

1. Replaced cracked front crossmember
        2. installed polyuruthane end-link bushings (the bars that go from the lower control arms to the crossmember
        3. Installed swaybar bushings (end-link and the ones that go around it)
        4. Made sure EVERYTHING was tight

and the "popping" noise went away. I usually heard it when breaking, or taking off from a light.....I don't know which one of these things helped, but hopefully this narrows down your list of possible causes......
        1991 Honda Accord Ex
        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Working...
        X