stablizer end link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stablizer end link?

yeah so I when I had my balljoint fixed last month they said my stabelizer end links where cracked ad worn out and should be replaced, they want like 37.50 per side plus 1 hour labour. I know the price is probably bullshit, but how simple is this to do. its just a bolt with rubber right, is it as simple as popping it out and popping the new stuff in or is it more complicated then that?

My Members Ride Page

It should be that easy, you just need tools that will reach everything. You might need to put a jack under the lower control arm (to compress the endlink assembly) if you don't have enough room to install the upper hardware.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
    After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
    Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
    PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
      yeah so I when I had my balljoint fixed last month they said my stabelizer end links where cracked ad worn out and should be replaced, they want like 37.50 per side plus 1 hour labour. I know the price is probably bullshit, but how simple is this to do. its just a bolt with rubber right, is it as simple as popping it out and popping the new stuff in or is it more complicated then that?
      Ramps and a cut off wheel.
      I've got a set of links for sale, if you want them.
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Yea don't let them rape you, Autozone has them for like $16/pr...I'm almost certain I've done mine with the car on the ground also but I'm not sure. It's super duper easy...just a bolt through the arms and rubber bushings.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

kool I figured maybe just need to take the pressure off. thanks guys

My Members Ride Page

Comment

you will need 2 things, a 10 mm wrench and a 12mm ratchet or wrench, just take em off and put em on.

autozone and other stores have energy suspension for about 20 bucks for a set, id get it, much better...takes about 30 minutes.

i think i have a DIY on this site.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Yeah, get the ES stuff from Autozone. And I would loosen up both sides, and then do one side at a time. Just so you make sure you put all the pieces back in the correct order.

Comment

um well we dont have autozones here in canada

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
                  um well we dont have autozones here in canada
                  um well order it from CTC.

or buy my "new in box" stock replacements.
                  2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                  Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                  1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

I tried part source and they said they couldnt get it? there owned by ctc so that doesnt make sense. how much you want for yours?

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Hey you hosers, I wonder if Summit Racing Equipment ships to Canada, eh?

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                      After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                      Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                      PM me and get it done right!

Comment

is there really a big differ3ence between brands?

My Members Ride Page

Comment

easy as a drunk slut on friday night about 3o min an 20 bucks and ur done

Comment

Working...
                          X